1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to launch sportier Punto in July.

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by M_V, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr_Prashant

Dr_Prashant

Pune
    Will the sun roof, 17"alloy wheels , black headlamps feature on the sports version?
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    What the ACI has tested is Punto 90HP and it is going to be called that, not Punto Sport. Basically 1.3MJD with Linea spec VGT. Clearly Fiat is listening to market feedback and has answered the queries of those looking for increased number of horses. I feel Sport would've been shelved due to cost factor. We might see it in later years after Punto is well established in the Indian psyche as a niche product.
  3. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice to see Fiat is not treating Indian buyers differently, like other -
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The news article on the Punto sports 80 bhp by ACI is not very enthusing IMO. After all the feed back and the waiting what we are hearing is that the 15 addl horses are more functional on the highway. As of now , we dont feel the loss of power much on the highway . It is quite enjoyable once you have mastered the Punto. It is in the city driveability that they should have improved rather than the high end, though rightly, FIAT is going to offer that only in the high end versions where FE shouldnt be an issue,

Now what has become clear is that existing GP owners need not feel bad at alll as we will not be missing anything. It has made the decision to PETE the Punto that much easier. We have a fully tested version in Mandeeps car. I guess the new GP90 would cost about 90 K extra whereas more or less same performance can be obtained by peteing and K&Ning just for an additional 33k. !!

Abdul
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 and more to abdul

I would rather pete my car + K&N it instead of buying the 90 HP version

If it has to be 90 HP : it HAS to be the Sports version

I hope Fiat don't discontinue the 1.3 FGT E-Pack and offer 1.3 VGT E-Pack. That would be an absolute blunder
  7. Dr_Prashant

Dr_Prashant

Pune
    I agree the sports version shuld be the one to be launched. Not that interested in just 90hp as reading the review on autocar India website, it has not made that much of differece in city driving.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. anand3636

anand3636 Amatore

Cochin (KL - 44)
    Thanks ravi. It indeed was a great review on motoroid. This is exactly what i wanted fiat to do. 90 hp engine on the present FGP EM P. If the price is within the mentioned range or slightly below 7 lakhs I am in for it. Keeping my fingers crossed over the pricing, hope fiat don't let the fiat fans down.
    BTW the Bossa Nova White looks better in the review photos. Is it same or a new white shade for 90 hp?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.