1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to launch sportier Punto in July.

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by M_V, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Launch is not going to be on 17th July. Per email from FIAT which I received, launch could be anywhere from Aug-Sept.
  2. why :A :A :A :A so much delay.
  3. Dr_Prashant

Dr_Prashant

Pune
    Hey could any one cofirm wether the sports version is coming in july or further. I am planning to buy the emotion pack 1.3mjd. Will it be worth waiting& what will be the rise in price likely as compared to emotion pack ?
  4. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    What about the T-jet Linea ? Any news on when it's gonna be launched ?
  5. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Other day I was talking to the sales executive at BU Bhandari Pune regarding the launch date of Punto sports, he told me that they are supposed to get a training from FIAT for any new product to be launch, 3 months before the launch date and they haven't got any training for sports model.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Its was due this month though and then to July now to Aug or Sep...
    Well if u r keen in more power and performance then worth the wait but if u looking for a MJD with great FE and performance to go hand in hand then go for the MJD Epk right away...

I guess the Sports version should be abt 80k to a lac more than the existing one. The prices would depend on the changes they offer on the Sports version. If its just the engine then i dont think it would be even b a 80+ hike...
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Heard that latest Autocar magazine has some details of 90bhp Punto.
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes Ravi

They have driven it. All I expect from their report is that the "sluggishness" of the first two gears is gone and the car is more responsive in lower gears.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    really fail to undrstand why so much hype about the delay in Punto Sports. Punto MJD is already in the market and its the best in FE and performance. ppl will start analysing it with swift and brand it as a thirsty car. i think it will be very diff for indian to except its low on mileage, very easily forgetting that it may be slightly low on FE. :irked
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.