1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to launch sportier Punto in July.

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by M_V, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Andy,

If it was that simple as remapping the ECU, then they would have offered the choice to existing customers. The point is that remapping alone( if it were true ) comes with certain side effects along with lightning movement. So it was better to create a different segment for people who wanted power. So some expensive embellishment is being done so that the customer is segmented and is treated as one who enjoys bells and whistles and will not complain about nitty gritty matters like fuel consumption. So there is no compromise done by any customers on both sides. You want power take the sport. You want FE, take this normal model. They are both Puntos !!

Abdul
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    what will be the price range? will it be available in trim levels like the active , dynamic & emotion models. what cud be the mileage?
  4. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    alloys are lovely. Engine + turbo needs replacement as this will be a VGT
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Wish they could offer the alloy Swap too:) :razz:

Abdul,

I was just talking of the extra horses... U can get that by remapping your ECU... Sort of peting your PUNTO but the FIAT way...
    Yea there would also be other add ons to it like the stickers and alloys change but if a existing customer wants to get that additional horses he can very well do it...
    Also the headlights come with moist black finish and the tail lights come like the EVO version..
    I'll probably change mine once u get spares for it... It looks awesome...

And off course u get all these add ons at a price... As u said its all for a price and for a customer who doesn't look for FE here and just wants sheer power and performance he goes for the Sport...
  6. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai
    I thought the launch was June 17?? So is it July? :?

Vroom
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i guess so Naveen...
  8. vks

vks

Bangalore
    +1 love that alloy!
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Andy,

Fiats way of peteing (also remapping of the ecu ) the Punto is by supporting it with VGT that may take the strain out of the moving parts. But I guess we can also achieve that by peteing and to be on the safer side , enjoy the vibrant midrange and not strain it on each gear. We have a great tester in Mandeep who rips the cars and tells the story vividly !!

Abdul
  10. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Abdul... BTW i may not think of peteing my Baby so soon....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.