1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to hike price??

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by pdydeva, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Any idea if there is going to be a price hike for any of the Fiat models (Punto especially)?

I have booked a Punto 1.3MJD Emotion on September 18th which is due for delivery by October 2nd week. I got a call from the dealer today stating that there may be a price hike from Tata-Fiat or on government levies. So, he was suggesting me to make the payment before September end and secure myself from any price hike for next month. Since I'm going for a loan, he said it's even OK if I make the down payment (around 2.5L) alone to be on safe side.
    I know some notorious dealers do this job for rotating money. But, what concerns me is that many manufacturers have already announced that they are increasing car prices, citing the weaker rupee trade. AFAIK Toyota, Honda (2.6%), Maruti, Volkswagen, Skoda (some time back) have already announced a price hike. I don't remember if Fiat increased the price in the near past.

So, :anyone
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I heard Maruti and Honda is planning to increase prices, but there is no news for Fiat increasing it.
    Even they increase, be careful to make full payment, you will be on mercy of Dealer, in case you get a car which is not satisfactory to you, after doing PDI.[
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I hope FIAT increasing the prices is just a rumour, otherwise who the hell is going to purchase it when its not selling even with discounts :confused:
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks Ravi. But, I strongly doubt if Fiat would do that immediately after launching Absolute, as it makes the offer meaningless. If at all I'm making a payment, I'll make sure that I have the right to reject a car during PDI.

Do you really think that people who buy Fiat cars are driven by freebies?? I would say not.
    3 people like this.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Ok not freebies. But would you pay a substantial premium for FIAL cars ? I don't think so.
  6. Of course people will buy even if the prices are increased...This is a different topic of discussion,theres no end to this...

There are no chances of price hike now,but still to be on the safer side make the downpayment,and after the pdi give the loan cheque...That way you will be safe from the price hike as well as not on the mercy of your dealer...
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Mate , FIAT Increased Price at JAN 12..... ( At Nov 11 - Punto 1.4 Price was 6,70,000rs , in Jan 12 Price was goes upto 7,30,000rs and after that, due Incraesed tax price go up by 7,50,000rs( I know its not FIAt hike , its just increased Tax...) but still Fiat ALready increased 60,000rs for Punto 1.4 2012 Model !!
    1 person likes this.
  8. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am no expert, just wanted to share my experience I had booked a Punto MJD on 27th Aug. 2012. The dealer gave me same logic of price increase when i booked, so I made all arrangements of finance , car loan , self funds etc by 31st Aug. The deal which was prevailing that time was Free insurance + Road side Assistance (at Payment of 4000) + 15000/- exchange bonus. However on 31st Aug dealer was not able to arrange car of the chosen colour which was Minimal Grey. The SA told me that same can only be arranged after 10 days of time. Then I told i will wait, and asked him if there will be any impact on the deal, he told me sir will make arrangement accordingly. He finally arranged a the car on after 12 days and again BNW color for which he gave me 15000/- additional dealer discount. So please decide accordingly.
    2 people like this.
  9. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore

I booked Punto.......and not for freebieeess ...but for it's quality and VEM.
    1 person likes this.
  10. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    while discussing with a dealer in chenna, SA told that price may be increased in cae of any govt levi, excise duty increase but not from Fiat side. I was told that there may be an aditional discount from fiat expected in october. nothing is sure but I think there is not going to be any price hike next month. the talking of price hike from manufacturers is just to make people take the decision immediately and get more sales this month by investing the fear in their mind. this might be a simple sales statergy.

In case of govt. duty increase, I beleive that the price hike is applicable at the time of delivery and dealer cant do much with that ( except dealer fully paid to manufacturer before duty increase from govt). In case of increase from manufacturer you can ask dealer to accept the previous price and he inturn can do it for you. can someone through light on this
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.