1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to get EPS and touchscreen infotainment system

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Deepak, Apr 13, 2016.

1. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    All FIAT cars to get.....?

I guess this means , upcoming cars ? (whenever they come that is :( )
  2. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I don't see any reason to look for new Fiat cars if they are going to be installed EPS.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Well eps-es are not all the same, far from it. Alfa Romeo is garnering huge praise for their steering on the new Giulia, and it's an eps. BMW's are eps-es and they're stupendous: i speak from some personal experience. Also Volvos' are good, shared with Ford i believe (there's one in the friends-and-family that i selected over the bmw, on their behalf). I believe @nkrishnap liked a lot the Abarth 595's as well in his review here? Etc. The Jeep c-suv (india-made) will also have one, presumably to-be shared with the next-gen all-new Fiat models (if and when those last do arrive: 2018 at the earliest?) No beating the electro-hydraulic ones, though, except for fuel efficiency, greater range of tunability/adaptability, and market-demand, sadly (globally not just in India).

@Raaz
  4. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @prabhjot, thank you for your kind reply.

If they manage a good EPS like you explained above, that would be hoot to have. If not, look at Fords. They lost all of their faithful fans when they polluted their cars with EPS.

For my liking at least they should be like Toyota and Honda EPS, which are reasonably good, IMO.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Raaz: Ford did a compromise on the new Figo twins. But the Ford Fiesta 2015 has a brilliant EPS. Sadly, that car is out of production now.
  6. Raaz

Raaz Amatore

Andhra Pradesh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Yes, Fiesta was a great car. But, who cared to buy it?

Except few set of serious people like us, most Indians doesn't care about the quality. They just want their car like a new Android phone. LOL.

Hopefully, New Fiat strategy won't compromise on the quality. Let's hope for the best.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Small doubt, why doesnt they make touchscreen illegal? Talking on phone or texting while driving is illegal. How come touchscreens are allowed in cars. Even a second of shift of eyes from the road, to do some changes on screen would be fatal isn't it? Even though fiat has whole setup on steering wheel, still I feel Touchscreen are lethal weapon for self error accidents.