1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT to get EPS and touchscreen infotainment system

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Deepak, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I met fiat engineer who has come to take feedback on my new Punto Evo. During the conversation he mentioned following interesting things.

1. All fiat cars to get touchscreen infotainment in June 2016.
    2. Fiat is planning to replace the existing HPS with EPS :( (no date available yet)
    I was really shocked to hear (2). If fiat indeed removes the HPS im sure it will be a disaster. Many buy fiat for its lively HPS. Not sure what fiat is up to.
  2. Hebbar

Hebbar Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for the info.
  3. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Any many more don't buy cause of HPS. However considering FIAT experience and heritage they would do a much better job even with EPS. Let's hope..

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2
  4. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    what is this HPS and EPS?
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hydraulic Power Steering
    Electronic Power Steering

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess Fiat is getting the EPS so as to position itself as a mas market car, something ford did with its new figo variants. I just hope they keep the HPS for sport variant at least.
    Deepak likes this.
  7. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    I guess they will have that switch where we can add or remove weight to the steering like the puntos in Europe and other countries

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess that would be like selecting city mode. In city mode, the steering becomes light and easy to manoeuvre.
    amitshedha likes this.
  9. amitshedha

amitshedha Novizio

Pune
    That would be nice as Indians love gimmicks ;)
    Something to advertize. I love HPS & recently test drove the figo twins.. they drive like hyundais, did not feel like ford at all. I would hate to see the same happen to fiat cars as well.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yup. In the Eurpoean market, they do have the city mode, but I dont feel positive that we would be given such toggle switches in the Indian market. If Fiat installs all the Punto/Avventuras with EPS, then we can infer that Fiat is also going the Ford way, but then the new Figos arent doing that well in the market, even after having such a powerful engine under the hood.

So it can be seen, that Ford diluted its USPs (like HPS, ride+handling combo, heavy built) in order to cater to a wider market and on top of that plonked that monster of a diesel engine that can do 0-100 in less than 10 secs. Still its not even doing half of the numbers that the old Figo was doing. So its very difficult to understand the buying behaviour in India, in which Maruti and Hyundai have scored a distinction and cant go wrong with any new product.
    dadasaheb, prabhjot and amitshedha like this.