1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to expand its presence in India- To launch Chrysler's Jeep,Alfa Romeo & Maserati

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by saharsh, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    FIAT India start Rocking??????
  2. This is wonderful news .. Hope that it can give a tough time to Volvo XC60 / Audi Q5 and BMW X3 ..

It will be wonderful if Fiat launches a SUV in india with the same build and ride quality that they are currently offering ..

Ajit
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    SA told me FIAT SUV is really coming soon...along with FIAT exclusive showrooms and price around 18 lakh..
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That engine will surely be a gem. ::T

Something which it's two probable competitors lack - the Montero and Prado 150.

It's certainly butch looking, like the Montero. Not soft-ish like the X3. :p
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Personally, i dont think FIAT can compete against the X3 or the volvos with the current brand perception. ALso, with the XUV 5oo coming with almost all the advanced feature set and a sub 15L pricetag, i dont know if this is a good decision. I agree, this vehicle will be a gem by itself, but not sure if it would change fortunes for FIAT in india
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I never knew that Jeep invented "SUV" concept. That awesome to know.
    May be moderator can merge this thread with "FIAT mulls the Chrysler portfolio for India".
  7. First of all jeep will be a separate entity in india.Only enthusiast like us knows that jeep brand comes under fiat group.On brand perception in my point of view bmw or volvo never comes close to jeeps brand image when it comes to offroading.Jeep brand have a cult status in india like many other countries and they are the oldest brand with heritage of more than 70 years.bmw and volvos just looks like suv and they cant compete with jeep anyway.XUV 500 is good value for money but just cant be compared to a Jeep like what we never compares xuv 500 with a prado .jeep belongs to separate league
    1 person likes this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Cherokee is far far over engineered for India. It's entrant model Laredo is 292 HP, 3.6 ltr petrol. For top variant, It's capable of up-to 8000 pound (approx. 3.5 tonne) of weight to tow/lug around during some serious off-roading. GC can vary 4.5 inches as a max. limit according to off road/on road settings required. AN XUV 500 will go 150 km/hr in reverse with so much of weight to lug around in Indian Ghats. You can make it one sinner of a roadster at one moment & then go off road if the road ends:shock:.

May be Liberty/Wrangler could be the call of the day.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Similar threads Merged.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Source - http://www.topgear.com/india/car-news/jeep-plans-india-foray/itemid-50
    Jeep plans India foray

2012Nov27205449_608x342.jpg

jeep grand cherokee.jpg
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.