1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to expand its presence in India- To launch Chrysler's Jeep,Alfa Romeo & Maserati

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by saharsh, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Bingo. when marchionne took over in 2004, he described Fiat as careless as a kid, loves to flirt with danger & inherited ignorance on after sales. The only automaker in planet's history who is expert surviving bankruptcy (4 times) but also an Immensely talented who had won European car of the year awards 12 times,more than anyone else.
    One day they can be in top 5, after couple of months they are about to close their dealership.

Imagine that with some other automaker?? Now Marchionne too seemed to catch some of FIAT's bad habits being there for 8 Years. He is scolding European worker union to either cooperate with FIAT or FIAT will stop selling in Europe:mrgreen:. He is already making statements like Europe is no more a priority market for FIAT:mrgreen:.

If that is CEO, What do you expect from a FIAT's dealer?? They don't do business, it's something else they are interested in, god knows what:confused?
    You don't buy a FIAT for after-sales service, i love this thing of FIAT actually. Add this experience to some other automaker & it makes a very ugly looking combination. Every FIAT vehicle seems to warn "buy me only if you want from depth of your heart, else i will make you regret for your sins":devil.
    2 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat mulls Chrysler portfolio for India

Source - Business Line : Companies News : Fiat mulls Chrysler portfolio for India

Some highlights
    • Fiat is not satisfied with the growth rate achieved in India so far and hence is trying to find the strategy for the market.
    • Lot is cooking in terms of the future. Fiat India will reinforce its presence and will work on future products.
    • Indian customers are not comfortable with dual model strategy.
    • Fiat is also closely working with Tata Motors to fine-tune its strategy for the Indian market.
    • Company has changed its advertising agency and now has a new ad campaign.
    • The regional headquarters has now been opened in Shanghai, which will supervise the operations in India. “For Chrysler and Fiat, the next biggest growth markets are in India and china.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
    4 people like this.
  3. Loki

Chrysler has some nice products which could work. I like the new Dodge Dart - looks really smart. Maybe Fiat could bring the Jeep brand as well (and show Mahindra the finger :D)
  4. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

With proper marketing Dodge can give some good competition to the likes of Cruze and Jettas
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ravi, Thanks for sharing that mate!!
    I was already excited about rumors on possible Chrysler/Alfa Romeo products to be debuted in India, this news has just made my day.
    Now I don't need to worry about the replacement of my 90 HP in 2014.
    A Dodge Dart or an AR Giulietta with 2 ltr MJD. Now beat that:firey!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Chrysler's PT cruiser will capture the small segment market & people will love it.....
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

PT cruiser production already ended up long back. Not only PT cruiser in 2007 but also Dodge caliber production has also seized in Dec. 2011. If you talk about the likely vehicles to be launched from this port folio, here i go with my reasons:mrgreen:.
    Since Dodge Dart will be launched in China too (only country other than America for now in official confirmation) & China will become FIAT's headquarter for India, this is 100% confirmed that Dart must debut in India by 2014 too. Other's could be Jeeps (Liberty Wrangler, Cherokee), upcoming Chrysler 200C & assembling of Alfa Romeo sedan & a hatchback as a niche product for 15-20 Laks range. Don't see scope of other vehicles in India.

Dart/Giulietta has to be a decade ahead of what other's have at present in compact segment. It's platform is too amazing with first of it's kind in compact segment i.e. independent suspension/control for all four wheels (multi-link all around:dancing)!!
  8. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

This is a good note to begin with, but im more or less getting bored of these press releases with no output and non impactive results. If Fiat is serious about India, i would expect it to create more buzz and awareness among the public.

I feel more aggressiveness is needed as an organization, if we are to believe it will succeed. Now that too much time has been taken into planning, action is seriously required. While all of us are fiat enthuciasts, frankly, i feel other manufacturers have turned out to be making the right progress and brand image.

I dont think it is justifyable to keep stating that brand image is the reason for not moving forward, Fiat needs to start acting to turn it over.

Sorry folks, im just speaking my heart out, in all good senses for Fiat to do well. With such a good technical backend, we just cant let it down because of perceptions.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2012
  9. asif

Fiat India to rope in Chrysler brand

Source:Fiat India to rope in Chrysler brand - DriveInside.com

Fiat India is engaged in ascertaining the feasibility of launching its Chrysler brand and bringing products from its portfolio into India. The Chrysler products being considered for India are the Jeep, the Dodge and the Chrysler. According to Mr. Enrico Atanasio Fiat India Senior Vice-President (Corporate Commercial), the company is continuously studying the Chrysler portfolio to launch cars from the brand in India.

Mr. Atanasio added that the company is looking at launching an SUV car model from the
    Chrysler range of cars. He also added stated the company is unsatisfied with the growth of the company in India so far and is in the process of shaping up a strategy for the Indian market.

Commenting about the company’s plans for dealerships in India,Mr. Atanasio said that the existing joint system of joint showrooms with Tata Motors is not working for the Indian customers and that shedding this dual system may attract better sales for the company.
    3 people like this.
  10. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

It would be really interesting to see how the Jeep brand performs in India. We Indians love SUV's so they should do pretty well as long as the price points are correct and after sales service is good. A big thumbs for this bit of news.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.