1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to expand its presence in India- To launch Chrysler's Jeep,Alfa Romeo & Maserati

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by saharsh, Jan 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    :D

No body can read Fiat mind better than you. We already have a exclusive club and jeep should make it even exclusive.

If priced any where below Fortuner this has a chance else people have more options. What's the starting price for Jeep, that should give and indicative price.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Expect the Cherokee to be in the Freelander, Q5, Prado 150 series etc category . It won't be cheaper than that for sure. The entry level variant with a 2.0/2.4 Multijet might be priced better.

But that's pure speculation by me, unadulterated. :p
  3. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Why are you blaming Tata for Fiat's failure?

Fiat Turin is treating you guys like trash. and they do the same with us in Europe.

Bringing Alfa Romeo to India is another joke of Fiat group. They can't even sell them in Europe. How are they trying to succeed in India when they are unable to satisfy customers even at the home base?
  4. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    would love to see huge FIAT/ Maserati/ Alfa Romeo n Chrysler flags on a separate FIAT showroom ...
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Because, people whomever I spoke to are worried to buy Fiat for the reason of going to Tata for Service. I myself was not a satisfied customer whenever I step out of these TASC's.
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Teky, Fortuner is based Toyota HILUX platform of 1980's. Jeep Cherokee shares it's Platform with latest generation Mercedes ML class which is a premium segment. Cherokee base variant has Penta-star 3.6 ltr V6 with 292 HP. No way it could be priced lesser than Fortuner. It's belongs to premium SUV segment of a Range Rover, Q7, Touraq & Porsche Cayenne. So anything less than 50 lac's would a cheap Jeep Cherokee :mrgreen:

Yes, there is an upcoming Jeep Wrangler (FWD & AWD) based on Alfa Giulietta/Dodge Dart platform, which could be sold into Fortuner/Captiva's range.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks for the insight mate, But this is India and nobody cares what platform and what age it is. It has to have the badge or a VFM price tag, when you're fighting against the likes of Audi & BMW which are becoming a very well known brand you need to play it right.

I did browse through the Jeep website and it starts around $15K which would be the right candidate to probably bring some volumes. There are already established players within the higher price range and Fiat may find it tough to crack that one.
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I can just about speak for me, I do care about the platform.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Fortuner using an 80's platform? Can you please elaborate.

I'm sure you'll be aware that the Hilux has seen many generations, beginning with the simple 1L engine, 2200cc diesel. It also witnessed the birth of the Hilux Surf Suv later on during the late 80's. The Hilux platform has evolved through time and the current one is definitely not one from the 80's.

Cheers.
  10. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Very few technicians in the UK are worth a visit to Fiat dealers. Whom has Fiat to blame here? It is easy to blame others for failure. If Fiat wants to raise its profile it can't blame it on Tata. They have to get their fingers out and sort it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.