1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to cut down discounts

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rajunelluri, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Bit off topic, jut wanted comment on the attitude part of Dealers.
    I was looking for a scooter for my wife,went to TD Suzuki access, i was told arrogantly no test drive is available, by ORR Suzuki showroom as well as Advitha near to Southend circle.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

You are fortunate.. When I went to TD i20 CRDI before booking my Punto - i was told no diesel is available - TD the petrol and book it - the only difference is the engine. :eek:
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you should be thankful atleast they mentioned it :lol

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

OT: had I been there I would have only asked for HONDA dealerships number. Its great fun to do it going to one dealership for asking the others number. :lol

You should be thankful atleast they mentioned this fact :lol
    2 people like this.
  4. I feel it's way of creating a perception about the the product,may be sales folks think if they don't offer TD customer will think product is in demand as the all others must be wiser than himself so he will book:)

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

He he , very good idea, i will keep this in mind next time i get a chance to visit them.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

@sat-chit - i felt otherwise, i walked out of the showroom without saying even a single word; inspite of the sales guy running behind me and calling me several times.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Not every dealer is rude in this Regard. From my experience, Maruti and Hyundai always have the attitude of book it or leave it. They don't worry about the TD.
    But, I would like to appreciate Honda and GM in this regard. Before I bought Linea, I also test drove City and Optra. Both the TD vehicles was brought to my office and I was offered the TD. The TD vehicle was very neat and it was in Mint condition. I thought that the Honda City was a brand new vehicle and when I checked the ODO, it has run 20k+ Kms.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hey Bhagwan,
    Already Fiats sales has dropped to 3digit figure for Punto and Linea. If this is true total sales will be down to 3digit and next month 2 digit.
    What is the solution? I feel the huge profit margin what they are getting via FPT by selling engines should be diverted to FIAL to survive and do the things more aggressively.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

2.5 years back, when I wanted to TD Verna, I had to literally struggle as if I was in dire need to buy Verna. Sales Executive kept on pushing Accent Executive to me inspite of my not showing any interest in it and asking for Verna TD. After 2-3 visits to Dealership, I was given TD that too of Diesel Verna when I wanted Petrol. Ironically, the dealership was Hyundai's own HMP !!
  9. Regarding cutting down discounts , this was on cards since they were giving huge discounts when compared to other cars.

And IMHO untill they dont do cost cutting on the cars it is well and good .

If we go to Concord, Velachery yard which is next to their office , ther are 2 -3 puntos there lying with TD written all over it .and one of them had flat tyres .Looks like they were used ages ago. Very bad to see this being a punto owner.

10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

That is great Idea sirji..never came to me..will try!!