1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat to cut down discounts

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by rajunelluri, Nov 26, 2011.

1. rajunelluri

rajunelluri

Hi guys ...I am newbie to this Forum and learnt lot many things from this wonderful site . So thought of sharing the latest news I've got while buying my latest Fiat Punto MJD Emotion Pack. From Dec 1 2011 , Fiat is gonna cut down the current discounts (Especially the Free insurance).

Another news in the Hyderabad market is the Life tax is gonna go up by 2 to 3% from Dec 1st(I've heard it from some RTO fellows as well ).

So Better be ready or go for it early..

Will keep you posted with more details.

-Raju
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    It will be disaster for FIAT. With the advent of increasing the excise duty - not life tax - we should be ready to shelve out an additional 10K to 15 K for Punto / Linea. If FIAT is going to cut discounts, they are gone.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This news may be true. I heard this from a dealer in Chennai as well. This may be applicable for the new models from 2012. But, I feel this is good or not but inevitable for Fiat.

Remember that Figo TDCI Titanium was available at 6.06L OTR in Chennai when it was launched. Now, the same vehicle costs Rs. 6.7L OTR. With the rising input costs, Fiat may not be having option other than cutting discount rather than increasing the price of vehicle. If the vehicle price is increased, that may result in bad publicity.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Also one should note that Fiat imports a lot of products and current USD to INR pricing doesnt help much in the same regard too.
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Ramjn - Figo's price was 6.35 earlier OTR when my brother purchased it in June'11. Figo increased its price because of various factors; now they are providing the below as standard fitment - Alloys; Tilt Steering; fog lamps and something more which i do not remember. They are yet to raise the price for excise change which will be an additional 10K
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My friend bought Figo TDCI Titanium in June'10 at 6.06L OTR Chennai. Another friend bought the same car for Rs. 6.6L OTR few months back. Alloys are offered at additional cost by Ford and does not come as standard in the Titanium.

Going back to our topic, when you say that Figo price is increased because of various factors, every other manufacturer will also have various factors to increase the price of the vehicle. Fiat is no exception. Maruti recently hiked the Swift Diesel prices by Rs. 10k even though they sell huge number of cars. I am happy that Fiat have decided (???) to bring down the discounts rather than increasing the cost of the vehicle.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Ramjn - Agreed - FORD is not giving any discounts as its car is selling hot. Can FIAT afford to do that is my question / point. I am very happy that I bought mine in October with good discounts and beat the excise hike as well. There are rumours that excise for duty wil be increased to atleast double from now. BTW - Swift price is being increased by another 20K without any addition - price increase + excise.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I too bought my Linea in September with good discounts :). Fiat is bringing in the updated Punto and Linea in January and this may be the excuse for them to cut down the discounts. Lets hope that the vehicle price is not increased further.

Swift being increased by another Rs. 20K :eek: ?
    Are you sure about that? If so, Swift ZDI may come close to 8L OTR Chennai for which people will still wait in Queue :p.
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Yes, this is a confirmed news. I went for a TD few days back and the guys told that they have got the new price list. Ok - you know one thing - they entertain no discounts; no mudflaps; car cover; floor mats even. On top of everything if we have to do a TD we have go to the service station. They do not come to your office or home. No loyalty bonus even if you alreadh have a maruthi.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh. I know this. You should be happy that at least they have some sort of TD. When I went to Express Hyundai for TD of Verna, the SA politely told me that they do not have TD for Diesel Verna :).