1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat - The most loved and most hated

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by teky, Jan 5, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    No - This isn't yet another bashing thread. I was going through one of the threads in TBHP http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...0-1-2-asta-rattled-up-one-year-ownership.html , It's all about an i20 having a steering rattle and some other issues. This thread is over 3.5 months old and it's got only 8 pages of discussion - Now I'm imagining if this was about a Fiat car what would've been the response like. I can only now understand why they don't even give a chance for Fiat anywhere - The moment something is told negative about Fiat there is herds (It's the right word) of people who don't even own a Fiat come and complain.

During one of the Chennai TFI Meet one of our fellow member Vignesh told "Fiat is the most loved and most hated car brand" , This holds very true. Now how do we educate these non-believers that

We buy a car to drive and not to worry about the re-sale value.
    We buy a car to enjoy and not to count the number of A.S.S
    We buy a car from our heart and not calculating the ROI
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rightly said, for Fiat its only 2 sides of a coin, love or hate, unlike Marutis and Hyundais which get 6 sides as in a dice with multiple levels of tolerance. Fortunately "most" of the owners of a Fiat fall in love and unfortunately "most" of the non-owners or owners before Tata-Fiat JV hate it.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very rightly said.
    Loved most for the looks,ride,handling F.E,build and VFM.
    Hated most for everything else!,especiality the reliabilty issue,even with my Linea,Iam yet not sure as to how reliable the car is,will be!
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    fiat is a car which had potential to rule in india. and people had high expectations. but i need not mention how they are now.

just compare with those who own 15 year old maruthi and 15year old fiat car in respective service centres.

it is not only resale value and such things but the attitude of manufacturer and service centre for which people are very much sensitive.
  6. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    First of all heritage is always a burden. It can in some cases be an advantage.

Mercedes for example enjoys a reputation it does not deserve. I is the highest paid for piece of rubbish in the automotive world. Still people think that it is agreat car despite the ongoing problems. 11.5 million recalls have not changed most peoples perception of Toyota.

Fiat unfortunately is on the other end of the scale.

A Sicilian proverb says:

What the people say is always true.

Convincing people that Fiat is a good car is a long drawn process. A lot of re-thinking from Fiat's side is needed.

We only can enjoy Fiats. And some might follow when they see the funn first hand.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1 to drifter

most of the time i feel lucky to own a fiat. but sometimes i am skeptical .

maybe drifter can help me which side is the light!!
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014