1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Testing Mysterious New Car

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by avi_loveindia, May 13, 2015.

1. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat in Italy has started testing Mysterious New Vehicle ,, what it could be.
    The forklift, probably belonging to the Fiat Group, has some details that might suggest a Fiat Punto although many components seem totally different from the model that we currently know. It is not clear whether it could be a possible future generation of the Fiat Punto , which could change the name evolved shapes and sizes, or if the prototype is designed for emerging markets..
    1zqyc1j.jpg
    f295c3.jpg
    Dr. Fixated likes this.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    avi_loveindia and Dr. Fixated like this.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    It looks like the MPV version of Punto. This can easily be my next car if it comes to India. Fiat shud develope new versions of Punto like this one instead of 500. Punto has world class looks and cars derived from that platform shud make better cars. 500 looks ugly.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Sumit

The 500 styling language perhaps does not work outside of a EuroAmerican context, since we, for example, cannot get its 'retro cute/chic' point, since we don't quite have its historical reference and in any case these days we prefer the 'futuristic' over the 'evergreen'.

btw, i think this is a mule: i.e., the Punto-looking bits are just random surface elements cobbled together, and probably don't point in any way to its eventual design grammar and idiom.

Though it COULD be a mule of the 'b-cuv'/'new Avventura' that figures in the global plan for both Brazil/LatAm and India, for 2016, no? @bharath @avi_loveindia

It does seem to ride much taller than a Bravo-hatchback-replacement, and with bigger tyres too? The relatively spacious rear wheel-well: surely not a large hatchback? Unless the purported Bravo-twin of the Linea-replacement is actually a crossover-style car rather than a straight-forward hatchback?
    bharath and avi_loveindia like this.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    It looks like fiat just don't want to leave the looks of punto may be the emotional attachment the fiat has with it.
  6. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Interiors taken all bit from 500 series ,,, its more looking like extended punto/ bravo with updated interiors ,, MPV can be a guess
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    I'm sure this is the station wagon version of new linea 2017. this can easily be my next car if it comes to India.
  8. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Faridabad
    NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well we all drool on these testing, but the truth is that, fiat india will never bring latest to India, they need to be aggressive in order the capture good market share. With two products which are almost obsolete in international market. Not sure how much market they can capture in India. They need at least one car for each segment from A to C
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  9. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wish with the new mules, fiat india will get new strategies and bring them. These MPV like vehicles are in great demand in india. They should launch it and surprise everyone with huge marketing. Definitely it will be a hit. Even 1.3 and tjet should do the job for them. Don't know if anybody cares also for india :(
    avi_loveindia likes this.
  10. avi_loveindia

avi_loveindia Amatore

FiatLand
    Grande Punto 1.2
    This is most probavly Fiat Aegea Hatchback (Fiat Bravo replacement) ,, I think they testing with outer Punto shelling only, will be replaced by Aegea similar ,,
    muletto-aegea-hatchback-006.jpg
    muletto-aegea-hatchback-005.jpg
    muletto-aegea-hatchback-002.jpg