1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat stock music player/HU bad?? I say think again!!

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by charan, May 7, 2014.

1. charan

charan

Bangalore
    I have always loved loud music with bass, all my previous cars have been religiously modified for better music that includes speakers,components, amplifiers, subs and of course an amazing HU. While buying the Punto I knew that I had to compromise on the same as I assumed the HU to be a pathetic one due to the music clarity that outputs on a puny 20 watts lancia speakers, I had decided not to change the HU as I would compromise on Blue & me.

For the last 18 months I have always been disappointed due to the music quality in my car and I have blindly cursed the stock unit in my car. I had not even changed the speakers assuming that the quality would hardly improve(maybe 25%) but in Feb 2014 I just dropped into my friend's accessory shop at JC road for personal reasons and he happened to encourage me to go for a new set of speakers and I instantly decided to go for it hoping the 25% also will make a difference and decided on the below config;

1. JBL 440 watts Components-GTO S649C
    2. JBL 400 watts speakers-GTO 949 LIMITED EDITION
    3. Sony 500 watts amplifier-2 channel (I know, I don't know what I was thinking)
    4. Convertor, It was called X-(something)

As the fitments started I was browsing through the shop and and checked online and found the same amplifier at his store. The Cerwin vega XED 800.4, A 4 channel amplifier replacing the Sony 2 channel 500 watts amp!

I was seriously shocked by the music quality!!

The only thing running in my mind was "Why not a sub-woofer!!" I then decided to go for the Pioneer 1400 watts sub woofer and then my config was as follows;

1. JBL 440 watts Components-GTO S649C
    2. JBL 400 watts speakers-GTO 949 LIMITED EDITION
    3. Convertor, It was called X-(something)
    4. Cerwin vega Amplifier-XED 800.4 (800 watts and 4 channel)
    5. Pioneer 1400 watts sub woofer

The sound that was produced after that was ORGASMIC!!!

The sound made my entire body vibrate at Volume 10 and I was so glad that I went to his store that day and my drive in my car has been revived.

So whoever is having this notion of bad HU in mind, kindly delete it as the right config would make your car a power-house of music.
    4 people like this.
  2. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Charan, if its fine with you can you let me know the approximate cost?
  3. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Raj, This would cost you anywhere between 22k-25k totally including wiring kit, woofer box, labour, lunch/dinner, tea, cigarettes, cold drinks, :) he is a very generous guy, very good service!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. 5hadow

5hadow Timido

New Delhi
    I have nothing against the HU, except NO USB! :confused::mad:
  5. Dilip patel

Dilip patel Amatore

ahmedabad
    In my safari I have all things like u but I miss it in my new classic+ linea 1.3 mjd what I suggest
    I have to chang all company speaker

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    My punto has even that:D Bluetooth interface.

Stock HU with USB & bluetooth

All FOCAL - comps, amp, sub & wiring kit. Cant sit in the car windows closed with volume @ 5:rolleyes:

Again quality comes at a cost. My total setup cost 42k includes labor, damping (tar sheets).

Big benifit by retaining OEM HU is relief from theft.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Modify the system only after your warranty period is over else you run the risk of warranty not being honored.

I am also waiting for the extended warranty to end after which I intend to change at least the speaker.
  8. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    As long as no wires are being cut the warranty will not be void. I retained the OE HU but changed speakers and added an amplifier complete with a subwoofer within the first few months. Have had items changed under warranty at 3 different dealers in two different cities with no problems whatsoever. Don't wait, go change. Use 'T' connectors instead of splicing/cutting OE wires.

9. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Dilip, just go ahead and get a pair of components, pair of speakers, 1 good 4 channel amp, good sub-woofer and you are set!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Offlate, quite a few accessory guys know the warranty issues, my friend is getting his new Skoda rapid pimped at the same place next weekend, unless no wires are cut or tampered with, you don't have to worry.

Important thing is to get it done through accessory guys who are aware of the repercussions.

At my friend's accessory store there is a person who used to work with KHT motors as an electrician and he knows in & out of Fiat cars and it's a boon to let these guys operate on our cars with complete peace of mind!
    Last edited: May 9, 2014
  10. charan

charan

Bangalore
    No USB, What do you mean? Isn't your Punto a 2012 Emotion?