1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Spares from 99rpm

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by GirishRaghu, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat as such has not imposed any restriction on selling spares OTC. It is the dealer who hesitate to sell the parts OTC. Some dealers are generous to sell the spares while most of the dealers don't.

In Chennai, If I need a part and even if the dealer sells the part OTC, I would have still preferred 99rpm. It saves me time, effort and expenditure to go to the dealer and come back.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the link. They should have an Ethics commission over this CCI; it is more an issue of obligation to customers by companies to provide affordable and reliable spares and services. They should have some act or legislation for car makers to ensure people are really getting spares in every nook and corner of the country. I hope the government intervenes at the right places with right motives as they mentioned here. If the companies go to supreme court, they might win with technicalities making the ordinary citizens or consumers look like fools. Hope that doesn't happen.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am afraid this discussion could stray to a more serious debate, Ramesh. :D

Ever wonder why Fiat would stick to manufacturing of critical spares within it's European interests. That too can be forgiven for tactical reasons.

But what about spares for regular service, why can't they provide them at regional shops who can be as confident with stocking and selling those to needy customers at odd hours. That is the core issue with Fiat's reliability here. A whole section of society still does not believe in this brand for such reasons, inspite of such nice cars.
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    If that's the case, when some customer writes to Fiat regarding this, Fiat must take the issue in hand and instruct the dealerships to avoid such disputes.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Was trying to find certain spares on the 99 rpm and it was not visible. Hence called them and also wrote to them. The guy at 99rpm responded with a return call and these are the few notable points from the discussion.

1) Fiat spares on the website will be slowly phased out as a temporary measure, spares will appear after 2-3 months.
    2) Punto and Linea spares reduced to 1/10 of the original list. Punto has only 15 spares listed from the earlier 300.
    3) They are in the revamp process post which the delivery times would be reduced from 15 to 5 days, introduction of warranty of the spares sold, introduction of emergency shipment within 24hrs.
    4) The part nos of the spares not seen on the website can be google searched and chances of 99rpm link with part no is high.

If anybody had a discussion with the 99 rpm guys, can you find anything in common?

Edit: Found the desired spare part nos using google search.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Kiran, any idea how the retaining blocks were put into place?
  6. m-matt

m-matt Timido

Bangalore
    Not sure if this is because they don't have parts in stock. But last month when I was searching for pollen filter for Palio MJD, it was not listed on website. I sent a mail to support, they replied back with a new URL to order it, but it took close 3 weeks for delivery. So probably, even the parts are not listed in their database, they could manage to get it based on demand. Mention the part number also, if available.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Sorry Sai, I know I was not able to be of much help with providing proper info this morning. The retaining block just sits in the hole provided. I could have clicked a couple of pics and posted so that it would be easy for me to explain. I will try to ask someone at home to take pics and will post it tonight. I hope you might figure it out in the mean time.
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    With 99rpm closed, and not sure how long they might take to reopen, what are the options in Bangalore for FIAT spares ?

Is JK Automobiles a good option ? I read in a few other posts of spares available with JK , are they OEM spares ?

Does FASS sell spares or will they insist on getting the service done with them ?

EDIT - 99rpm should really come up with a specific date as to when they'll be back in business instead of saying "2-3 months"
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hold on. 99rpm is not closed. They have only stopped for Punto and Linea spares. They are still selling Palio/Uno/Adventure spares and TATA spares too.
  10. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    That's right. I was thinking entirely from the viewpoint of servicing my Punto , and my choice of words were not entirely correct.