1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Spares from 99rpm

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by GirishRaghu, Feb 17, 2013.

1. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Problem with spares is a reason people don't buy a FIAT, and that's gone worse now.

When I recommend or buy a brand , I would certainly look at the availability of spares outside of the A.S.S instead of being stuck with the A.S.S for everything.

As ramjn has said, I could tell folks earlier - you can buy a FIAT , buy the spares from 99rpm , and get it serviced outside - but I can't tell that now.

Even my car is 4+ years old , is out of warranty, and I find the A.S.S labor rates to be too high.

I would like to get my car serviced outside, but if spares are not available I don't have a choice.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If MGA parts can be bought in stores, why not Fiat. I would always prefer buying from a reputed store rather than going to a dealer waiting for their slow inventory program to load and input every small part and waiting for stuff from stores and waiting again for Gatepasses etc. They are not at all efficient.

Smaller businessmen or shop owners are efficient on that count. 9 out of 10 parts they know where to look at on their shelves and do not need to keep searching for. For a small 300 Rs. oil seal for FIAT I would have had to shell out atleast half a day to travel and procure it. Fortunately the MGA one available at a shop near garage and that too with a proper hologram saved me time and hassle and even turned out to be bit cheaper in cost. When will they go the Maruti way and improve brand image and reliability. A car must be serviceable anywhere for the most part, by any decent mechanic, unless some critical issues related to tuning are there.
    1 person likes this.
  3. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Totally Agree with sdp1975 , This is major point in convincing people to buy Fiat . if we dont want to go to authorised service center , it would give option to buy parts ( say filters , brake pads ... ) and give car to our good old fiat mechanic :)

4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is just a Temporary shut down for Punto/Linea parts, they will try to re start by slowly introducing Serviceable items first.</SPAN>

However Genuine Accessories are still available for Punto/Linea so for new car owners there shouldn’t be any issues as the Dealers don’t stock up all Accessories and they take a lot of time arranging the part so 99 RPM will does come in handy.</SPAN>

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am sure 99RPM does not list cars for sale and delivered at the Door step so that shouldn't be a Factor of Not Buying/Recommending Fiat cars.

A small Comparision, Renault/Ford do not have a 99RPM website for selling parts online and there are enough horrifying stories of there service quality and A.S.S attitude towards the Customer and there cars, why we even bashing Fiat for an external website selling Parts ? :confused
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    When Fiat is instilling more confidence by launching more models in India along with brands like Jeep, I don't understand why people give an illusion like "if 99rpm is not there Fiat cars won't have spares in the future?" C'mon, you can very well get Fiat spares over the counter at any FASS. If you are not getting any spare OTC at any FASS, shoot an email to the Fiat support and things will work.

99rpm was of great help for owners of Palio or other older models. Now that, Fiat has announced it will take up servicing of older Fiat cars, this problem should also go away.
    1 person likes this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dealers dissuade and deny people against counter sale. I have had first hand experience with this. A mail was sent to Fiat official. No concrete response was given. They dont even want to comment on their policy with regards OTC spare sales. Spares issue will become serious since leaving things to dealers has proved very bad in the past. Dealers have been dictatorial with Fiat India about how they want to deal with customers. A prominent dealer had a GC kit spare in Mumbai, and one person in staff was dictating other staff what can be given to customer and what cannot, purely out of whim. Inspite of them having a GC kit they were telling me it is reserved. I asked them to order one for myself and they could not even tell me a time frame to deliver the same. When they finally agreed to this, their inventory system slowed down (they pointed to Fiat again), then they needed signature of some person for which half a day was lost again. It took me 3 whole days to get the box in my car and drive off from there. Time quoted for changing GC kit was 7 days. (Reason: backlog of cars). Got it done and delivered in 1.5 days from other Fiat experts.
    For window weather strips I have called them countless no. of times, only to know that 2 have be received instead of 4. This after 3 months of follow-up on phone and in person.

I have defended Fiat and officials on forum and otherwise, but only where they need to be.

They even charge you for using an Examiner to delete a service message. It's like adding special charges for using a digital torque wrench. (no value addition to end-user for being sophisticated or using special tools. :mad:)
    1 person likes this.
  7. misousa

misousa

New Delhi
    I have bought parts from 99rpm for my palio stile SLX. The parts are 100% genuine, though delivery is a bit slow and needs to be improved
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Renault/Ford is not seen as bad as that of Fiat. Just because Fiat had screwed up big time with the parts availability for Palios in the past. If Renault/Ford continue the same attitude they will become another Fiat down the line. :)

The point here, online sales of parts is not mandatory but good to have for people who don't have FASS in their city or it is very bad.
    1 person likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Very True.

Another point is that dealers every where and in most companies are the same typical businessmen. I have heard they get dealerships after bribing officials of Automotive companies. What can be expected of dealers if dealerships start on the foundation of corruption and collusion.

Sites like 99rpm have been very fair on the contrary and provide good insight of every nut bolt and accessory needed to complete a job. No dealer in my view matched that. What is not there is the level of transparency in business locally.

Makes the spares available and people will find other people and ways to fix cars on top of the Himalayas if the car breaks down. Only Maruti-Suzuki boasts of such a feat.
    1 person likes this.
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I'm not sure about the result of the CCI's investigation to curb the exclusive sale of spares through dealerships Hearing in auto parts case almost complete,order in 2 mths:CCI | Business Standard

I was able to purchase spares freely OTC at KHT Fiat in Bangalore. However, I'm not aware of any restriction on what parts could be sold OTC.