1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Spares from 99rpm

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by GirishRaghu, Feb 17, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sounds good. Any 90 weight gear oil from a good manufacturer is good enough.

Frequent oil changes > Long oil change interval. I would feel more comfortable changing my cotton kurta pyjama often than keep on wearing an expensive Armani suit for days, weeks.

Cheers.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with you. Very apt and very funny analogy :D. I am looking at 10,000 KM service interval schedule for my Jet. Mobil 1 should hold up for 10 K Kms, I guess.

Rajan
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    Easily, unless your daily commute calls for 2hrs bumper to bumper traffic driving.

Okay, enough of thread jacking :(
  4. in US they claim to be having 15K miles drain interval.
  5. Cleaning sensors will always make a difference to the response of the car, I beg to differ with our mod Gurjinder here, I clean my Zen's TB,TPS and MAP every once 10 K kms.
    I found both sensors used to clogged with carbon.You can uy the cleaner at JK automobiles JC road.One bottle will last 2-3 years.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is my review of my first purchase experience with 99RPM.

For starters, what I wanted to buy was not listed on the website. So, I shot off an email to 99RPM, enquiring about it. Got a response within the hour -

Awesome, I thought to myself. True to their words, I was emailed a link the very next day and all the products I wanted to buy were listed. I was very pleasantly surprised. I proceeded to place the order and paid by debit card. It was all looking really fantastic.

Next day, I got an email - prices for Mobil1 has gone up. Please pay 544. We are a new company and cannot absorb the loss, they said. I was a bit disappointed. I mean there are risks associated with any business and it has to be taken into consideration even when setting up shop, right? Anyway, I went ahead and paid the requested amount. Got a very prompt response about receipt of payment. Then finally on 4th Sept, I got an email with the shipping details. The courier was Bluedart. Since there was Engine Oil as part of the shipment, it will be transported by surface. Expected delivery 10th Sept.

10th Sept came along and I checked the status on the courier's website - "Delivery delayed. Accident/Traffic-Jam. Please call customer service" was the status. So I did just that and was informed that the truck was on the way and not yet arrived Bangalore. Same thing continued on the 11th. Shot off another email to 99RPM and the response was once again prompt

Called back the courier and enquired about this piece of information. They denied it and said that the truck has not yet arrived. But they were not able to tell me where the truck was. Today (12th Sept) morning, the website status was the same. I called the courier again and the IVRS informed me that the consignment will be delivered today.

Finally it was delivered at 2 PM. When the guy opened the rear doors of the ACE, one package fell off. The remaining packages were all heaped and not stacked. The guy magically pulled out my box and gave it to me. The ordeal was finally over.

My rating of 99RPM - on a scale of 1-10:

Customer Service - 9
    Responsiveness - 9
    Communication - 5 - Most responses did not answer the actual question asked.
    Promptness of shipping - 9
    Packing - 10
    Choice of Courier - 7

Overall - 7.5

Will I buy from them again - Yes
    Will I recommend them - Yes
    Will I order from them if my car is grounded - No

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    10 people like this.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That's a pretty good summing up of 99rpm.

Sorry, rest is :eek:fftopic

I have bought so many things from various online stores and I find BlueDart service to be absolutely pathetic.
    Most other couriers provide very detailed tracking information from their website itself. Even Speedpost does that but not BlueDart.
    And ever so frequently their website shows "Delivery delayed. xxxx. Please call customer service", and when you call all you get is busy tone.
    They claim to be the best courier service around and charge a premium for their service.
    I feel we need to start bashing BlueDart now, but that should be in another thread. please.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    I'm still awaiting the delivery of the order I placed on 26th August. The item is apparently on backorder from the factory so there is no clarity on the delivery date. Had I known this earlier, I would not have sent the payment.

Will wait for a week more and then take a call.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What did you order?

I think you can opt to cancel the order and get the refund. That should be possible.
  10. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    I recently ordered (5th Aug) for Sunglass holder with the fitting from 99RPM, I got the sunglass holder after 2 week but till date I have not received the Fittings for sunglass holder. Despite several chase up with 99RPM, there is no firm delivery date given to me. :confused: