1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Spares from 99rpm

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by GirishRaghu, Feb 17, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    If at all i had to complain it would probably be on the courier cost which was 150 - my residence is about 20kms away from their office and the actual cost would have been lower. Suppose its much easier for them and in some cases 150 would work in my favour...
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Photo of the keychain as promised

puchoo fiat keychain 3.jpg
  3. How much did it take??? Looks kewl!would have looked hotter in red.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Including shipping about 370 INR , but well worth the price from the looks of the quality. The red one is on the shopping list as well
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I thought long and hard, before making this decision. Everyone was against it, but as a true FIAT owner, I decided to go against popular advice and trust my gut. I decided to do the second free service myself, which means I have thrown my warranty away. I for one, truly believe that most issues with the car are caused either by poor care by the owner or by callous handling by the ASS.

My research told me that most parts that failed were due to one of the above two reasons. The only part that failed due to bad design was the CSC and that was already metal in my car. So, why am I posting this here? Read on.

I have to replace the following as part of the second service at 15 K Kms.

1. Fuel Filter
    2. Air Filter
    3. Engine Oil
    4. Oil Filter
    5. Pollen Filter

Since I was not doing this to save money, but because I love my car, I decided to treat her with Mobil 1. With 99RPM getting so many rave reviews, I decided to order all of the above from them. So, I did that on the 2nd September - Monday

Monday night, I got an email from them, saying that the dealers have abruptly increased Mobil 1 price and I have to pay an additional Rs. 544. Of course I had the option of cancelling my order. With any other vendor, I would have refused, but given the reviews here and given the fact that they are a new player and cannot afford to absorb the loss,I chose to pay the difference.

Tuesday, I got an email from them again saying that there is a delay in shipping and I can expect my order to be shipped today. I get very pissed off when someone tells me "We regret the inconvenience", as I always feel they do not mean it? Wouldn't they avoid inconveniencing me in the first place, if they really meant it. But still I decided to cut them some slack.

Now finally, as I am typing this post, I got an email from them with the shipping details. While they are very prompt in responding to emails, they come across as elusive in their replies. Either they do not read the emails fully, or my communication skills suck. I like to believe it is the second one. Now waiting for the delivery to happen and wholeheartedly hoping that nothing gets damaged in transit or I do not get a wrong product.

First impression - they have a long way to go. I fervently hope that this was a one off case and my next order will be much smoother.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  6. Additionally ,you may want to buy a 3M choke carb cleaner and clean the throttle body.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yeah the stock inventory system needs a serious update on 99rpm. My latest order was placed on 26th August and delivery is expected only by 15th September, which I learnt on 31st Aug after I emailed them.

Had the item shown a status such as "available only on order", then it would've been better.

I'm sure they'll keep implementing good practices as they grow. I am now able to open and close Palio doors without any sound / creak whatsoever thanks to 99rpm :)
    2 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the tip Sat. Where would I get that? Locally available? Also, do you recommend cleaning the throttle body, considering that I have done only 16,000 kms?

Rajan
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    16,000 is peanuts. Carry on without any cleaning.

What I would advise is if the gearbox oil has never been changed till date - do it. Just don't go for the 1300/Litre gear oil. :D

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmmm. I do not believe in using a rifle to kill a fly :D. As you rightly put it, it is just a rudimentary gear box. Mobil Mobilube GX 80W-90 API-GL4 good enough?

Rajan