1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Spares from 99rpm

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by GirishRaghu, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shashank,
    im unable to understand who is performing good here,either the proklear i have used on the windshield or Wiper :D
    Still i would say wiper at its best,with old wiper and proklear, i used to get an white colored in the wiper trace marks, now its not there.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Rubber Beading has came off from rightside wiper blade,so going for a change and both wipers are not cleaning glasses like how they used to clean before..can you give your feedback on how they are working and they are of aug 2010 make so using of 3 years old wipers now is it good??are you taking abt absolute mud flaps or rally type big mud flaps to protect your car's in this monsoon season??

- - - Merged Post - - -

Great Shashank..i also ordered today morning..these FASS guys they wont learn from their previous mistakes..they should need to keep stock of wipers in this monsoon season but they wont..
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    FIAT OEM wiper blade is not Syndicate. FIAT provided wiper blades are imported from Germany. Syndicate blades are made in India. I dont know about the quality of Syndicate blades. But the ones provided are solid ones and long lasting.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No problem,these are working fine.

Snapdeal Mud flaps
    i was talking about these mud flaps(CLick in the above link)
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Are these wipers ditto same in all dimensions, not just length?

Remember the manual used to say that Punto/Linea wipers are designed to minimize wind noise?

I am one of those who strongly suggest not going to FIAT service centers for routine filter replacements. 99rpm rocks.

Oil Filter: Go for this SOFIMA Oil filter with eyes closed.
    Air Filter: FIAT OEM Air filter is available at 99rpm. Else a vista quadrajet air filter should do the job in my opinion.
    FUEL FILTER: The most crucial component and the one at 99rpm is without sensor? Any ideas if its just as good as FIAT OEM?
    Engine Oil: Mobil Delvac1 5W-40 for MJD without second thought. Pour 3 liters only initially. Not 3.2 liters.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you tell why?
    Is it too cheap on 99rpm? I don't see any other reason to not to take it from OEM.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Roadside mechanic can do better job when it comes to replacing Air filter and engine oil. FIAT ASC mechanics are not trained for this.

30000Km service:
    - Air filter cover was misfitted. There was lots of gap and bending. I am posting pic to back up my claim.
    - Steering was tilted and alignment was made faulty. Its still not has been the same ever since. I have shown of subsequent alignment reports to Italia-Linea.

2012-05-07 07.34.06.jpg

My dad fixing it back to proper position in the pic below.

2012-05-07 07.38.06.jpg

45000Km service:
    - Engine oil has been leaking ever since.

60000Km service:
    - I did service from outside but took Punto to Speed FIAT Chandigarh as I wanted OEM fuel filter. They opened air filter for "free cleaning" I guess. I asked to do only fuel filter replacement.
    - YES they again did it. Air filter lid wasnt tightened. My dad did it the next day and we both sweared together at these morons.

I am a doctor with little mechanical knowledge but even I can replace the air filter. These so called technicians can not. :ugeek:
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    On wipers it's written as FIAT only..so i think Fiat provides wiper blades which are imported from Germany..Ya the ones provided by Fiat are solid,long lasting and they clean glass very neatly unlike other car co's wipers which are not of quality..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ok fine..then Fiat syndicate wipers are of quality ones..these mud flaps are good but which mud flaps are these ones??they are not Absolute ones..
  9. I dont have a good experience with syndicate wiper blades. They are of lowest quality. The OE ones are FIAT which are imported. I have used it in my uno(sourced from Delhi) and i regret my decision for using it. Due to poor quality of rubber, it made a lot of scratches(irreversible damage) on the windscreen. After that i got Bosch blades which are of superb quality. Unfortunately Bosch is not available for Linea/Punto. Those using it in Linea/Punto please beware and better to stay away from it.
  10. aru_nj

aru_nj

Trivandrum
    I Have ordered Punto Original Floor Mats from this site and got delivery in Blue dart courier . Product is original and was in perfect condition