1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Spares from 99rpm

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by GirishRaghu, Feb 17, 2013.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Has anyone tried these weather strips? Are they for the full door as shown in the image as against the company fitted ones that cover only half the door?

Front

Rear
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Have ordered for rear.
    Not yet received

Rajeev

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Ok kool. Thanks.

Please update when you receive it. If it is a full strip for the outer edge of the Door, it'll save a lot of door cleaning headache for a lifetime. Just hate it when dust settles down in the door area and is not very easy to clean regularly either.
  4. M-On Brake Pads:

I have a 2010 Grande Punto Active which are having type 2 Pads. Roulunds doesnt have type 2 and ATE grey market pads were exhausted in 99 RPM. All I was left with M-On pads. The pads cost 700 Rs + shipping.

For the first 300 kms on them, i felt they lacked bite and the car was struggling to stop. Found the culprit to be air inside the brake system and it has to be "blead". After this the brake pads are stopping the car very well. Although they cannot be compared to OE ones, these are not bad either.

Now i have crossed close to 500 kms on them and the bite is really good. Not sure how long they last though.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I am not sure where these fit, do these prevent dirt and muck from accumulating on the door sills? If so, why is FIAT not providing this from the factory? I want this part! Should also cut some road noise!
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is a replacement for the part highlighted in Yellow

Fiat_Grande_Punto_Interior_India_door.JPG

The OE part only covers part of the door frame, whereas the picture in 99 RPM, shows the part going all around the door. Not sure about the benefits, though.

Rajan
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Yeah, from the images this looks like weather strip for the entire length of the door. What FiAT provides from the factory covers only half the Door and hence lets lots of dust settle in the sill area. The dust does not get in since there is another Strip in the inner border on the body but the dust is a major irritant.

I'll wait for Rajeev's update before ordering.

:eek: OMG! my Shopping cart on 99 RPM is growing expensive day by day. I should keep a check on things im buying.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Aah, There you go.

Thanks Rajan, I hope 99RPM is selling the whole thing instead of the short one that we already have. How can FIAt cut costs with a meter of rubber? :confused:
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You might want to send an email to 99rpm. For another part, the response to my email was -
    Rajan
  9. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Rajan is right, it will be a replacement part matching with the factory fitted one.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oddly enough, this is what EPer says about the product code in 99rpm

Weather Strip.JPG

Rajan