1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Service..

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Ahamed Beig, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm the proud owner of Grande Punto bought in 2009.
    I would like to mention a point here. How much the people in TATA service stations are really capable of handling such advanced machine? Give me your opinions.

I am really not very comfortable leaving my car at a TATA service station for a regular service or for any check-up. Though my car has extended warranty, I would rather prefer to go for other service stations.

Could any of you reccommend any Fiat service stations in Bangalore apart from TATA service stations? Is Fiat India is going to have its own service stations in India? :confused:
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why are you not comfortable to go to any TASS. Any bad experience?
    Fiat doesn't have any separate service stations yet, all services are handled by TASS, though for Fiat cars, separate SA and mechanics are there.
  3. Even i am not happy with TATA's quality of service , I have made quite few friends with TASS, so they take care of my car well.
    Problem in getting car serviced out side is the Lubricants, I haven't seen any one stoking synthetic Gearbox oil/Colant/Clutch and steering fluids.
    While synthetic engine oils is available ...
    -Sat
  4. sandip

sandip Timido

Dehradun
    I fully agree with all of you. I own a 2003 Palio Sport 1.2 and have been getting it serviced regularly at TATA-FIAT service centre for the last few years. I can tell you that service at TATA is really pathetic. Once during a visit to service centre the technician in-charge of FIAT service team candidly admitted that none of the technicians at TATA are capable of handling a car like Palio. They have bungled simple jobs like changing coolant, changing fuel filter etc. Now I am really scared to get my T Jet serviced at any TATA service centre, but it seems there's no choice........ May God help FIAT!!!!!
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have got my first two servicings and also some other minor rectifications done by "Auto Sterling" NOIDA who are dealers for TATA & FIAT. My experience has been very positive, and I have not had any problems so far.

My wife is currently using my older car - WagonR. I had two servicings done in Greater NOIDA. Both times, the workmanship and service were poor. Overall a bad experience. So much for Maruti ASS! Their problem appears to be far too many customers.

So, if you look at the overall picture, FIAT ASS is not bad at all.

Regards
    Johnny
  6. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for my late reply.

I had paint problem on left front door which, the service center guy (Prerana motors, Bangalore) it can be re-painted since it is under warranty.
    At the same time I had reported the problem with shifting gears. Insted of understanding my problem, they were telling me to apply clutch fully while shifting gears.

Next day after they delivered, I noticed a new dent on my car.. surely happened in the service station. They again confirmed me that they can fix it and re-paint.
    By this time I had really pissed off by their poor handling quality. I still had the problem with the gear shifting (I had paied for this at Prerana)

After few weeks, my car was scratched on left rear door due to my own fault. This time I preferred to go to Concorde to fix it. They told me that there is a difference in the paint with left front and rear door. We found that Prerana motors had painted with a local paint. I complained this issue with Fiat customer care. Thanks to Fiat, they were quick to take action and I got the left front door re-painted at Concorde motors.

Now, during free monsoon checkup, I told the gear problem at Concorde motors. They noticed that clutch is gone. Thankfully, they replaced with a new one under warranty. I don't know what Prerana did on clutch/ gear problem. I reported this to Fiat again.

Surprisingly, the guy who handled my car at Concorde did his best to impress that they can do service for Fiat cars. But, Tata is best known for poor service quality for its own cars. Being myself a Tata employee, I am not happy to give my car at Tata service stations. These service people, don't tell everything. We should know what all are covered under warranty. Fiat website also doen't mention it.

Initially even at Concorde, they said monsson checkup is ended. I called up Fiat customer and asked them; though your website mentiones that monsoon checkup will be done till Aug 14th 2011, why Concorde is not doing it? After this only, Concorde said, they will do monsoon checkup.
    Guys..these TATA service stations are not upto the mark.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ahmed, though mad experience with Prerana, but I think Concorde has done satisfactory job on your car.
    The key is to find good service center, and stick to them. Try to have some friends (good relations) in service center, they will keep you happy.

I find Concorde, dairy circles to be good service center. Only issue is its crowded. The guys there are working from longer time, so they know Fiat cars well.
    The service manager there, Mr Rathish, is also an cool and excellent guy, to my experience. Anything you are not satisfied, go to him, I am sure he would help.
  8. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi. I have made a note of the service manager.
    I would really like to see my car handled safely. After every service, I thoroughly check my car at home.
    Initially, it was really difficult to believe (Of cources; I can not trust guys in Prerana. They cheated me twice, though I bought the car from Prerana motors).

Now, the recent experience with Concorde, has been good.
    I hope my car will get the best service here in future.
  9. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    does fiat allow owners to provide their own engine oil for scheduled services? i have bought mobil delvac1 for my linea mjd but the service center is not agreeing to putting it? they want me to buy the oil from them only. whats up with this?
  10. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    I too am not so very happy with the service of Fiat Service at Pandit Auto, Akurdi.my punto was sent for 2 nd servicing last week i had complained of hard shifting of gears while down shifting (while upshifting is very smooth) while down shifting from 5th gear to 4th and 3rd it doesnt fall,this problem is not frequent if pops up anytime and only while downshifting and not upshifting.when i had gone to take the vehicle in the evening the SA told me all problems hade been take care of and the gear parts were greased well couple of days it was fine but then again it croped up.... i dont know why they have not solved that problem. i couldnt take the vehicle back as i was not keeping well for a few days and was admitted will take it back as soon as possible... i the while Gurus @ TFI do you have any clue why this might be happenig.