1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Service in AP, Cashless facility from Future Generalli not accepted and others

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by karthiknan, Sep 12, 2013.

1. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    In relation to the thread I started in Tyres and Alloys section regarding my tyre bursts, the surveyor came and inspected the car yesterday after 5 days of raising the request for claim and have mentioned the things which covered all the items in the estimate given by the body shop personnel at Butta Motors, Hyderabad.

A new guy there named Koteshwar Rao is saying that tie up between Fiat and FG is not applicable in AP as FG deal was part of earlier Tata-Fiat JV and thus cashless facility is not applicable in AP. (Butta Motors being the sole service center in AP). Is it true.

He further suggested that I have to pay initially for all the parts and later have to apply for reimbursement. Now this guy earlier stated that after the surveyor had given his recommendations and based on that request has been sent to fiat to bring the spares. Now this guy said ki as cashless facility is not applicable in AP and the overall cost of the repair is reaching Rs 1 lakh, i need to deposit rs50k upfront for the repair and he indirectly said that then only he would order parts from fiat which would take a min of 3-4 weeks to reach here.

The service here is pathetic, these buggers have already kept my car for 2.5 weeks without doing anything and as per them would take 4 weeks more to repair.

Need your suggestions regarding the insurance issues and the above stuff...

Dear Mods,
    If this thread does not pertain to this section, kindly change the thread accordingly.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Surprising when Fiat offers free insurance along with Punto, they stick to Future Generali only and dont provide Insurance from any insurers. I think the dealer/workshop might be bluffing, better call Fiat helpline to escalate. Can you elaborate on the 1L repair cost? The Fiat website shows Tejaswani motors as the sole service centre for Fiat in Hyderabad, is this the same you are referring to?
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Karthikan, I am surprised here. Ask them FG insurance premium paid by FIAT India and Insurance premium letter is mentioning the contract date tenure & deal between FIAT, Your Car & FG . FG is not a AP based insurance service, FIAT is giving this insurance all over India. So This comment cashless facility is not applicable in AP is completely baseless. They have to pay it. Go with consumer court & sued them directly.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Normally dealers tieup with the insurance companies for the cashless facility. FG being the preferred insurance provider for Fiat, all FASS should have tied-up with FG. I dont know what went wrong with the dealer in AP.
  5. Service Center receive payments from Insurance Companies after work completion in cash less policy, till time service center money stuck in spares and other things, I think Butta Motors not interested to invest his money in uncertain repair job. They know that after indenting the spares from Company, Fiat takes too much time to deliver the parts, meanwhile customer start shouting etc. and his money & space stuck without much earning. so simply he thrown his ball to Insurance Company.

If we see from service center side, he is right. on fault of customer, why he should invest & listen dirty words from customer as well as company.

My suggestion is: you directly indent spares from Fiat India, ask I will pay directly to Fiat. If Fiat deliver desired parts on time, you can ask dealer to do the work fast, if Fiat takes time, you can ask Fiat, why this delay, in both cases you have clear picture..

All the best.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is entirely not true. Fiat delivers parts on time and there is even a provision to expedite the delivery where Fiat ships the parts in 2-3 days. It is the dealer who puts the blame on Fiat that they haven't shipped the part.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    +1 to that. In any case it does not give the right to the dealer to state that FG insurance claims are not honoured in AP, thats absurd. Also the workshop would in any case start the repair work only after the go ahead from the Insurance surveyor post which the workshop would source the parts in case needed. If Fiat fails to send the spares on time, thats the look out between the workshop and Fiat. Definitely if the customer is deprived of his vehicle in the agreed time frame, he is rightful to use any means to express his displeasure, sometimes using profane language. We all know at times that works.
  8. That's why I wrote that you order parts directly, by asking this only everything will set right, because dealer will not take parts from customer / Fiat will not provide parts directly to customer.

Poochne mein kya jata hai >> Pooch dala toh life jingalala !
    1 person likes this.
  9. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad

butta motors is the parent company of tejaswi motors who also takes care of tata cars. the same person mentioned above is also looking after tata cars. the parts for which the initial estimate was given are: lh lower arm, dry shaft, link rod, knuckle and knuckle bearing, ball joint, tyradant, shock absorber lh and fr, rear axle new. front bumper and its painting were included after the survey was done. most of the parts mentioned above esp the rear axle is to be ordered.

Contacted the fiat customer care and they also mentioned that the deal is still present and is valid all over india. i am eligible for cashless facility and no requirement of me paying everything. though i had no problems of paying if required. have mentioned them about the threat the incharge gave, the call was transferred to their supervisor. he discussed all the issues in detail and said that the complaint was noted and told me that i would be getting a call from their side which will be concall with the crm hyd to discuss about the issue. but no call came. i had to again call them at around 4 pm regarding the status of my complaint, the crm disconnected the call of the customer care and he was saying sorry the entire time.

Dude, till now i have spoken to them in a calm manner and with little bit of temperment in the end when he threatened me. being a guy from delhi, where sentences begins and ends with mc's and bc's, its the only thing left to say and create a scene. being in a service industry, i can understand the scene but these guys are like bulls on the roads, no matter how much you honk, they will not listen. onlyi f u shout or beat them with stick, then only they start moving. this scenario will come if they do not respond politely. rest is going to consumer forum and creating a online/media hoolah against the attitude of fiat and its employees at hyderabad. seriously when i compare them with the noida guys, the difference is like heaven and hell. those guys too required nagging of some kind, but never of this magnitude like the ones in hyderabad

will call/visit them tomorrow and if that's the case then will the matter in my own hands and buy the parts at my own expense and then claiming from the insurance

if that's true about delivery of the parts in 2-3 days, then would be able to drive my beauty properly in hyderabad shortly with its new shoes and one new alloy :)
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. karthiknan

karthiknan Novizio

Hyderabad
    got the news today, butta motors (aka tejaswi motors in fiat's website) doesn't have any tie-up with any of the insurance companies and thus cash less facility will not be offered. to provide the facility, these guys would require some more months or an year. in the meanwhile, these are still saying that i need to pay rs50k so that the parts can be ordered but now min 3-4 weeks to get the parts.

am i thief or a terrorist who would put a bomb in the car or what. i have kept my 8l+ car under their custody for the past 3 weeks. now only 1/4 of the fuel tank is left whereas at the time of submission, the tank was 1/2 full and still showing no respect to the customer and feeling like we are at their mercy.
    :mad::mad: :punch