1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Service Camp Experience Rating

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by amogh, Apr 24, 2011.

How was your experience at the Fiat Service Camp?

Poll closed Jun 8, 2011.
  1. Below Expectation

2. As per Expectation

3. Above Expectation

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

plz explain ur experience at the camp..even i wanna c wat was insane and bogus :p
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hi All yesterday while washing my car I noticed one horrible thing that Coolant, Steering oil etc level were below min mark. I attended the so called FIAT free check camp in Pune on 24th April. Till yesterday I was assuming that FIAT has done top up of required lubricants in my car. The level of oil & coolant is below MIN MARK.

Even I informed mechanic that steering oil is coming out from that oil bottle & he said it is ok.

I just dropped a mail to Mangesh to look into this issue & waiting for his reply. This is not done.

If they dont want to make top up of lubricatants why FIAT organize such crappy events. Just wastage of time.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

@Kedar, sorry to hear about this buddy.. keen to understand what was the level like before servicing? did you specify in particular, i ask because, there were quite a number of fiats that had come in and they used to check the under bonnet thingy as the 1st pass and then took it inside for other checks... When mine was being inspected, i was standing beside the car and this might have made them to check each liquid and their levels... as one person was noting and other one was yelling back the results of the check.

I even checked it the evening just to ensure that all liquids are in correct level and once again in Goa... all were OK, expect for the Oil which is now turning blackish and smells burnt... As mentioned by Yashik in his other post (recent delhi meet), its good to change the Oil once the car is around 5-7k kms.. i will get mine done for 2 reasons, a)The car is 2009 Model, which as per specs is more than a year old & is due for change b) there are chances of fine metallic parts accumulating in the sump and getting recirculated even with a Oil filter in place...

Amogh & others how was your experience after the free checkup? (Pardon if I missed to read other posts)
  4. Was up to the expectation. They topped up the oil, coolant etc and noted the issues I told but was frank to say that these issues will not be addressed during free camp - fair enough.

Down side was that I intended to meet the team from FIAT to complain about the alloy bend problem I am facing but they didn't turn up after waiting! I think service centre provided wrong info to me! as first day of camp was a hartal in Kerala and I guess FIAT team went to another service centre on second day on which I took the car. Service centre Work Manager could have told this openly but didn't - negative marks to Mohandas Motors for that.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hi guys I am posting an Email communication with Mangesh Kodalkar. I really appreciate
    efforts of Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar. Totally impressed with FIAT Customer Care.

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you on this please bring your vehicle at the earliest to the workshop.
    Please call Mr. Ranjit Oak (GM Pandit Auto) 98812XXXXX before coming the workshop.

We will look forward to the concern raised by you and if any fluid mention by you have not top up in free check up camp the same will be done FOC.

Ashish Bavner
    Customer Support
    A.O. Pune

Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 2:18 PM
    To: Mangesh Kodalkar
    Subject: RE: Lubricant top up no done in Punto in Free Check up camp

Hi Mangesh,

Thank you so much for quick reply.

My car registration number is MH 12 GF 3740.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kedar Bendre
    Software Engineer | HSBC Technology and Services - Global Technology
    HSBC Software Development (India) Private Limited
    Mangesh Kodalkar <email ID removed>
    Service <email ID removed>

05/09/2011 02:09 PM

RE: Lubricant top up no done in Punto in Free Check up camp

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication.

Regret the inconvenience caused to you with regards to concerns referred , we have coordinated the matter on priority , we assure you concerns will be resolved at the earliest , you will be hearing shortly , till then we request to please bear with us .

We request to update with your car registration number

With warn regards,

Mangesh Kodalkar
    Customer Services
    Linea & Grande Punto
    Fiat India Automobiles Limited
    B 19 MIDC Indusrial Area
    Ranjangaon Tal Shirur
    Pune 412210
    +91 2138 672764
    P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email

Sent: Monday, May 09, 2011 12:08 PM
    To: Mangesh Kodalkar
    Subject: Lubricant top up no done in Punto in Free Check up camp

Hi Mangesh,

This is Kedar from Pune. I own FIAT Punto 1.2 Emotion.

First let me thank FIAT to organize the Free Check up camp & free top ups of Lubricants. It was wonderful experience.

Yesterday I was washing my car. I opened bennet of car after so called free check up camp considering that FIAT has done required top up of lubricants in my car.

To curiosity I was checking the oil level for Steering oil, Coolent etc & to my surprise the engine coolant level is less than min mark. Steering oil reached below min mark.

This is for steering oil & coolant, I am not sure about the break oil & other lubricants.

I have attended this free check up camp on 24th April ( Saturday ) & I am sure that within 2 weeks the oil level will not go down in such extent. The top up for lubricants was not done in that camp then what is use of such camps.

My first servicing is still pending & has near about 3000-3500 long. I am requesting you to do the needful for top up of Lubricants. Please coordinate with Pandit Auto so that I can get the top up FOC.

I am unable to use my car for long drives no I am afraid to use the car because of oil levels. Waiting for you positive reply.

Thanks & Regards,
    Kedar Bendre
    Software Engineer | HSBC Technology and Services - Global Technology
    HSBC Software Development (India) Private Limited

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i had a similar experience when i found that my engine oil was near the min mark and they did not top up during the camp. actually they tried to avoid top up. i had seen the mechanic showing the low oil level to one of the SA from the customer lounge and i thought that would have been done. but when checked later it was still low. so even when they knew my car needed top up they did not top up.
    otherwise washing was good. and i bought some parts worth 2300 so 5% disc saved me some money.
    their intentions were not sincere.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Engine oil, Break oil, Power Steering oil top done yesterday as per communication.

I want to ask one question. Does the coolent goes into the car engine & that is the reason the coolent usually shows below max & above min.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Well karan, If you are sure that the Engine oil was not toped up, Then just write a mail to Fiat-india or call the customer helpline, and tell them the facts what has happened that the camp was for the Top Ups and it was not given attention, You will soon have a call from Pune (i had a call back from Pune as well as form the dealer) and the dealer will call you and apologize for it, Let the TASS have their heads turn towards Fiat owners.