1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Keep negotiating, let it not go south at this stage. Try to meet somewhere in middle and settle. Best of Luck..!
    kailasmenon2000 and Tornado like this.
  2. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Good news Tornado...Even I feel you must negotiate harder. They should really understand the mistake they did. If they are willing to offer you 20k, that means they know there was mistake on their side.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

I still don't think there was an ethical or moral 'mistake' on their part at all, especially since you don't deny that you delayed the delivery due to the 'engine mount' imagined issue.

How can they accept that you cancel a december booking/deal, and rebook the car only in order to avail a newly introduced discount scheme from Fiat. It just makes no sense: car dealerships work on more of a 'spot-market' contract for ready, fast delivery NOT a long 'inter-temporal' contract with rights reserved. They are not wrong in saying that it was you who stretched the spot contract out by 2-3 weeks, are they?

Settle this thing, it just is not worth, and I mean morally and not just financially etc, all this campaign-mode bargaining etc, not for you let alone the dealer or Fiat. You ARE getting a fine fine price.

IMO you are in grave danger of missing the woods for the trees, if I can put it in ambiguous terms.

regards, no offence meant, just a different interpretation of 'what to do?':)
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, urgent.
    Which is the best GPS device cum reverse cam brand? Please post price also.
    Thinking of getting accessories rather than cash.

@prabhjot, fiat has accepted my cause. And feel that showroom should not have hidden the scheme and allowed me to choose.
    After all, consumer is king, is not he?
  5. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Well done Fiat. I think this thread must be shown to all the people bashing Fiat and swearing by the MS's and Hy's. I am sure those manufacturer's would not have done this.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Finally some good news :)
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Dealer GM said that it would be too much burden on the dealership to extend full scheme in the form other than insurance and exchange. Fiat will not be ready to share burden of the discounts extended in any other form. Fiat and owner of dealership would ask many questions finally taxing the concerned employees . He humbly requested me to understand and decide.

So, we decided to close the deal with accessories worth Rs 25,000/-.
    My friend who helped me to reach the owners and given them a 'all or none ultimatum 'was not ready. I am trying my level best to convince him.

Delivery date is on Friday.
    JohnyBoy and prabhjot like this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I would suggest that cash discounts should be preferred over accessories since what they may say a 20 k worth accessory might only cost them one third of that,worse they might fit an used one from another car.
    Since the sale had not begun well,why not cancel it altogether and buy it from the dealer where your friend bought.
    It would be like escaping only with the booking amount loss and you would be getting the discount your friend got from a more professional dealer.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am going for bicycle rack and the cross bars which is fiat exclusive accessories. If I decide to go for cash, I will have to purchase it again at same price, labour extra. My son wants it on the D day itself.

Cancelling the deal in toto and purchase the car has got some other facets, I will discuss them after delivery.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Tornado !
    Finally,, let's say Allz well that ends well.
    Good that you persisted .

Post your ownership review soon.
    All the best for a happy ownership:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.