1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Bala Not that time, energy and freedom-from-major-avoidable-aggravation grow on trees either, if you get my drift:confused:;)
    Bala, nkrishnap and Biraj like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot its not a legal battle (yet and we hope not even for later); but it might be finished sooner for all that aggravation to matter so much. Yes it could not have been worth for a few thousand and maybe even cancellation of the whole deal (at cost) might be the right thing to do. Some people do crusade even at that small level and that makes a difference to the world, keeps things a bit in order in all this chaos. Look at the brighter side, maybe Fiat could take serious note of this matter, maybe the dealership could amend its ways, or maybe future customers or TFIans could know about their rights if this works in favour of @Tornado.

Sometimes bad cop is more necessary than good cop. ;)
    kailasmenon2000 and prabhjot like this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    When I disagreed for 10 k discount, GM and ASM said that we have helped you getting the technical query (engine mount) answered also .
    Now, we can't do anything more.

I thought, it's waste of time, talking to these fellows.

So, I contacted the owner of the dealership (credit-@asimpleson 's post above . ), I told him that I want to cancel the car at any cost for no reason irrespective of financial loss .
    Admin of the owner showed displeasure because he thought that GM should have solved the issue at his level.
    He said that the the owner is out of station, however message has been sent to him and he has assured a positive solution other than cancellation of the car on Tuesday.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  4. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    @Tornado , thanks for posting a copy of the quotation from Sky.

Two questions that come to mind -

1. (Condition #13) All vehicles will come with a odo-reading of ~300 km - Are these cars driven down from the plant, or are they officially being used as test drive vehicles?

2. What is the road tax % in pune ? What is the breakup of the road tax , and the "RTO service charge"?

I would take up the first point with FCA ...
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Many times, when only one or two cars are to be brought, they are driven to dealer's showroom from Ranjangaon plant(50 km).However my car was brought in a container as more than five cars were to be brought at a time.
    Stock yard of this (sky moto)dealer situated in Mulshi block is almost 50 km further from the dealership showroom .
    For display or PDI or any accessory job, they need to drive the car from stock yard to dealer's workshop again this is 50 km again.

This dealer runs two shorooms ,one is at Chinchwad and other is at Koregaon park, this distance is again 20 odd kms.sometimes for display purposes these cars run to and fro between two shorooms once or twice for display purpose (not for TD )

None of the fiat's dealers in Pune bothers to stick 'demo car 'stickers on TD cars although it is mandatory by law.

Also, almost 20 km is expected during PDI.

About RTO break up, I will post after getting the receipt .Service charge is basically agent commission.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Well, Pandit people clearly had stickers mentioning as test drive car. It was a black linea Tjet. Same goes for Linea Diesel and Punto too.

Dont know about others.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Linea does have stickers but Avventuras don't have stickers. 2e8a1819079923f30c61f131ccbee53a.jpg 0a7206f1a080931f1724c068afe6a65b.jpg this is fiat caffe TD car.

d21450f216e39ba19ad6025b1a5d780b.jpg This is Pandit Auto TDcar.
  8. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Tornado...What the dealer has done to you is totally unfair. The dealer should have told you about the offer when you paid the booking amount. If the dealer had informed you about the offer, you could've even cancelled the previous booking & opted for a new one. They hided it totally. As I said before, if things are not going in favour of you, you must file a case in consumer court. Let them decide who is legally on the right side. I don't really understand the point raised by few here, about wasting 'energy' & 'time'. Friends...Its for a good cause. If Tornado can succeed in this, its going to help all the future customers & it'll help the brand image of Fiat too.
    rajeev_pillai and Tornado like this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @kailasmenon my booking is not done again in Jan but on 30th of the December as per dealer's rule December discount scheme stands cancelled hence argument with dealer is that Jan scheme is automatically applicable to me as like other customers in the same period of January.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Update :
    Dealer is now ready for discount of Rs 20,000 cash as compared to earlier 10,000.

GM said that the scheme was as follows,
    Exchange bonus :10 k.In exchange scheme, they buy the used car of the customer at such a rate that dealer doesn't feel much burden due to 10k bonus offered.
    Free Insurance : though it is worth 30k ,if done by themselves without involving the customer, they get it at cheaper rate though on paper it is seen much higher than the amount spent by them actually.

Also, he said, the deal was kept pending because of the query raised by you regarding engine mount. Else the car would have been delivered with deal closed long before the announcement date of the discount scheme (10th Jan ).

I said, I had provided the links to fiat about the engine website and fiat should have taken legal action against the erring websites rather than denying the discount scheme to me.

I have not made up my mind on this 20k discount yet however GM said he is ready to negotiate further if I come up with any affordable offer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.