1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The invoice cost difference of approx 5 k Rs between my and my friends quotation is because he had chosen non metallic colour.

Update :
    Got a call from dealer GM .

After repeating same things umpteen times.
    I stayed constant on two points.

1)As per condition no 14, the december booking stands cancelled because full payment was not done before 30th december.

2)So it was on the 10 th & 14 th Jan when I have deposited rest of the money with the dealer, they should have informed me the FCA 's discount scheme.

3) According to fiat themselves during recorded call conference, it is dealers duty to offer FCA scheme.

Finally dealer offered me Rs 10, 000 discount.
    And said that since insurance is done already and question doesn't arise of the doing it free!!!

I disagreed and told him that we would talk later.

When I said, I need to update this on TFI.
    He said that TFI is not whole Internet. Upon performing Google search prospective buyers can get to know about dealership.

Pity it is, that he doesn't know many members here including me are active on other forums too.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    The difference in the invoice amount is ~5K, there's a corporate discount of another 5K, and exchange bonus of 10K (not sure whether you are exchanging any car). Thus as per the current plan you should save at least 10K + insurance amount. If you have taken the insurance directly from outside then the dealer can't give cash discount in lieu of it. Almost every offer has a condition that it can not be exchanged for cash or other benefits. Thus, you should ask the dealer for free insurance and then cancel the one you took from outside (if there is a cooling off period i.e. complete refund when canceled within 15 days). The way this issue has dragged, I don't think they would mind offering a discount of 10K.

Take a balanced approach and I am sure you will be able to resolve it. Being overtly emotional and threatening them, won't get you any solution.

EDIT: I was typing my response while you posted your previous post. Seems the dealer has already given you an offer that matches what I had proposed, and you have refused it.
    prabhjot, nikhil0405 and Tornado like this.
  3. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Biraj
    Spot on. I think since insurance was not taken from the dealership, a middle path needs to be taken. I don't think they will offer 40k discount and that should not be expected as well.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Bro, insurance amount was mentioned on the quotation. My friend who is an insurance agent offered me insurance at cheaper rate.
    When on 10 th of Jan, I told the sales executive that I want to do it outside, he asked me, why?

I said, he is offering me it at a cheaper rate .

Sales executive consulted his ASM and then said ok.
    However, they did not handed over him the hard copy of invoice which is a must for insurance.

Later, my friend insurance agent got it on 16 th, and got it done on same day.
    The free insurance scheme was introduced on 10 th Jan and was active till 18th Jan for cars manufactured in 2014. But they didn't offered it to me.
    When I say, I want to get insurance at cheaper rate, does it mean I want to refuse free insurance offered by FCA?

They need not offer it, it was already offered by FCA , they only need to pass it on to me.
    asimpleson and nikhil0405 like this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    How many insurance can be raised for your car? If you are expecting cash compensation since you bought insirance outside, all I can tell you is it is a futile effort.

Like many have suggested take the middle path and close it. Else waste more time to gain nothing.
    Bala and prabhjot like this.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Called up the insurance agent, described the issue to him.
    He said he can cancel the insurance at my request if reason cited indicates that the customer is getting it elsewhere at the cheaper rate.

Sent messages to FCA, GM dealer. Now awaiting answers.
  7. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi @Tornado,

What is the current offer for cars bought after Jan 10th?

The offer I got from fiat Caffè for my tjet was, free insurance or 12k cash discount. In this case, check if that is applicable for the avventura..

(if not.. Maybe wait for the avventura tjet )

Worst case, what is the hit if you cancel the booking? Has the Rto registration happened? I know the dealer booking sheet mentions 5k for changing the colour, and 10k for cancellation, but I'm not sure if these rules are hard and fast..

I remember reading somewhere that they can't charge us for cancellation of a booking.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Guys, does anybody knows name of the owner of the sky moto dealership?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Mr. Indrajeet Desai, Managing Director, Sky Moto
    Mr. Gajanan Babar, Director, Sky Moto
    Mr. Vivek Sawant, Director, Sky Moto

I think one of the above should help.
    Tornado likes this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    I actually admire your perseverance and your methodical,relentless,never say die approach to a cheating,cleverly executed against you.
    I would say,pursue the matter till you get justice,having come this far,unmindful of the excitement of a new car,after all money does not grow in trees,neither do you get it as bribes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.