1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The dealer does stand to lose, as the insurance and other discounts are shared between the Manufacturer and dealer. Also the 40K which is being repeatedly mentioned includes the insurance. Here Tornado has opted to get his own insurance much prior to this offer. How is it ok to blame the dealer when the buyer has already committed to get his own insurance and also the offer comes in at a much later price.

As I poster earlier too, I still mention that as a courtesy the dealer should have mentioned about the free insurance. But if the booking form is signed which is as good as agreement at an earlier date, I personally do not see any obligation from the dealer to keep the buyer informed that too when the buyer has agreed to buy the insurance by himself. Hope this point is clear. If the insurance was bought from the dealer, then point blank the dealer is at fault for not informing the customer.

Request you to kindly explain how it benefits the dealer?

Once the vehicle is billed, that is the prevailing price except for the local state taxes. If the price increases or decreases, the dealer should not have an impact as the car is aready procured. That is the price it will be sold at unless the dealer is willing take a hit on his margins.
    Ravi and prabhjot like this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Update, 11am to 12.
    Call conference with, ASM fiat, dealer GM &Me.
    GM : Scheme is for 2014 manufacturered cars bookings done from 10 th to 19th Jan 15. Your booking is done in December 14.

Me : Why I was denied opportunity to cancel earlier booking and do a fresh booking?

ASM : possibility of excise hike was there for renewed booking.

Me : But since my car was invoiced and lying at dealer since last week of December, and fiat had paid the excise(Utpadan shulk) duty at December rates so question doesn't arise for dealer to charge it again at Jan rates.And dealer is not supposed to pay excise (Utpadan shulk) of a car which is not manufacted at his Stockyard.

ASM : Jay
    vijay is selling the car at loss of Rs 60, 000 to your friend.
    Me. :Nagpur, Nanded and Nasik dealer s, they are also selling the car at the price which is offered by Jay Vijay.
    Please take them also on the conference call and let them say that they are at loss.
    And my friend was offered the deal at 40000Rs cheaper than me at sky moto itself during same period, I can post copy of quotation.

ASM : The scheme was applicable for the cars which were manufactured in 2014 but invoiced in Jan 2015

Me :
    Today, there is no scheme available on Fiat Linea emotion, I. book it today and ask for delivery on December 2015.
    Fiat is known for announcing discounts in month of December.
    Are you going sell the Linea to me with today 's rates or December 2015 rates?

ASM : December 2015 rates.

Me :My car was invoiced in the month of december 2014 without my consent because my booking form mentions that I wanted a 2015 car.

Dealer later told me that 2014 car would be cheaper than 2015 model .
    And in practice, they are offering it (2014 manufacturered but booked in 2015) cheaper to other customers and rest of the fiat dealers in MH are offering it cheaper to all other customers including me.

ASM : But other dealers in MH are offering the discount on hiked price

Me : I am talking about the period between 10 th Jan & 19th Jan during which prices were not hiked by fiat. And 40000Rs scheme was also applicable.

Dealer :If excise duty was increased on 10 th Jan itself, you and would have required pay it.

Me :In that case, I would have cancelled the deal and bought a two wheeler, do you allow people to cancel the deal or not?

GM : But now your car is registered with RTO.

Me : scheme declared on 10 th Jan was not revealed to me, and then registration process was done by the dealer on 17 th onwards.
    On 17 th also, the scheme was applicable but dealer chose to hide it.

I am a team fiat member, I was advised against buying the car from sky moto by fellow TFIan s there but still I chose to stick to fiat Caffè, sky moto because I thought since FCA themselves co own the fiat Caffè., they might come to my resque than at others.
    On the contry, I see Jay Vijay and all other dealers from rest of MH are coming to my resque!!!

Why sky moto fiat does not want to me retain as future customer for Linea? All the SE at fiat Caffè and TFI knows that I am going to purchase a Linea later this year, you can check this with them.

Dealer and ASM :we are here to retain the custemer, we will come back again.

@nkrishnap, scheme was applicable for deals in between 10 th Jan and 19th Jan. And my insurance date is 16 th Jan.
    And booking form mentions that schemes applicable on the month of booking are not necessarily applicable on the date of the sell.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Fine then, sans insurance benefit then. Which is not less either. I have not pinned blame on this count, maybe @Tornado can comment better on this.

"Sir, company has introduced free insurance, would you like to avail it?" I mean how difficult is it to present. Not obligatory correct, but shouldn't they rather offer a company benefit (when there is time or possibility to accommodate). And not obligatory technically is OK, but why not be a bit more customer centric. Besides isn't it the job of dealers too to educate customers and pass company benefits time and again. People even complain on free CSC replacement offer not informed by Fiat dealer/FASC. A little bit of paper work is good for court, but not customer relations always.

Lets keep technicalities aside for just one moment. Suppose you come to a shop for purchase, the shopkeeper does not inform you of an ongoing offer which can make substantial difference to your cost of purchase, would it not upset you. I mean even the local general store and grocery shop passes the small benefits onto customers of ongoing schemes. We order on phone at times and they do announce and recommend that extra product offerings that companies give. They are not even dedicated dealers.

If there is a new price list, the dealers do state that to customers before or during negotiation. Unless they offer enough discounts on older stock (pre-price revision) they do gain a bit of profit don't they? Its a different matter that older stock remains unsold and customers demand more discounts depending on manufacturing date, keep them piling in inventory. There dealer does take a loss too I guess.
    Tornado likes this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I would say all have seen this clause the prices and taxes will be applicable at the time of Invoice/delivery/Registration with RTO of the car. Then why not the discounts should be applicable ?
    also Sky people are known to do such gimmicks anciently, @Tornado have made big mistake when he opted for Sky instead of Pandit and Jay Vijay.
    Also i would like to suggest Tornado if i would be getting even a Rs. 1 (one) benefit by cancelling (with charges/penalties) and by booking new one at Jay Vijay i will opt for other dealer.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    +1 to this. Just to make a point. And complain to Fiat nonetheless again (on Facebook too) against this dealer not informing you of ongoing offers, so atleast prospective customers can stand to gain a bit.
    kailasmenon2000 and dadasaheb like this.
  6. opendro

opendro Timido

Bangalore
    I didn't go through all the posts. But what I see here is that the agreement to the purchase and price was made in the last week of December though the other formalities took time (till January 2015). I think it is common practice to lock the price once this agreement is reached, irrespective of the cost of the item going up or down at the time of transaction. Of course, the transaction is also done within a stipulated time frame. I agree that some manufacturers don't lock the price when the waiting period is extremely long.

Having said that, missing out a discount worth 60K is really hurtful.

BTW, I thought, dealers don't compete on offers these days. I haven't heard of such variation on offers in other brands in ages.
    prabhjot and Tornado like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You are right, they don't. They are in fact just offering a current dated offer/scheme. That is why the big difference.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    20150123_171817.jpg I am posting pics of the booking agreement, the point no. 14 clearly mentions that if full payment is not done till 30th of the booking month, discount schemes and additional offers stands cancelled.

Doesn't this mean that in new month you will get new month's scheme if at all there is any.?

20150123_171956.jpg
    Also see invoice cost offered to me on 19th December 2014 20150123_171754-1.jpg 20150123_171817.jpg
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    And now see invoice cost and discounts offers offered to my friend on 17 Jan 2015 by same dealer!

a762fd478562f4ff7ab8c2d5074ead8c.jpg b18896b935ae7edd675cc8850de4734c.jpg
  10. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Dealers don't lock price, I booked my Punto in Dec 2009 and delivery was scheduled at Last week of December. I made full payment and saw the car at dealers yard. Later they told me a story that there were some defects in the car and there will be a new car coming for me in January 2010. But I need to pay 20K extra. Explained the situation to Mangesh, same day got a call from dealer that my car is ready to be delivered. I don't have to pay anything extra, Finally I got a Jan 2010 manufactured car :)

@Tornado, you have every reason to claim the benefits, please keep the discussions going and update us.

Rajeev
    Tornado likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.