1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

You are right in a techno-legal, narrow sense, but imo not as much so in the ethical or moral sense that you're taking it, or rather accusing the dealer and Fiat. That's all Biraj and I too have been pointing out, i think.

By all means throw the 'letter of the law' at him but....he'll suggest it is you who is not reciprocating on agreed-terms of a semi-formal, not entirely informal, oral 'deal'. This, i fear, will carry on for a while yet, which is why I suggested that it may not be worth the moral, morale, and other headaches?

cheers, let us know how things 'progress'!:)
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Suppose a doctor advises a surgery to a patient for some aliment, Patient gets admitted a day before , deposits the advance amount. The senior most doctor send a mail to the doctor stating that this type of surgeries are going cost substantially lesser than before and in all the hospitals around same rule is applicable with immediate effect and the financial loss incurred their in would be on senior doctor's shoulder.

But the doctor doesn't tell this to this particular patient. And few hours before the surgery, he comes to know about it from other patient who is undergoing similar surgery that the surgery is going to cost substantialy lesser than what was decided.

Now, is not it apt for the patient to ask for discount to the doctor? , Is it not apt for the patient to complain about same to the Senior doctor.?
    Are you are going to call it a overreaction on the part of the patient ?

In case, if still the doc is not ready to pass on the benefit, and some other doc in the city is ready to offer the surgery at the cheaper rate as instructed by the senior doctor, then why he should not get the refund from the first doctor ?

Now, if you say that since you are not a doc, you don't know what to reply,I am also not a marketing graduate,or a fiat employee how do you expect me (customer) to know everything about the maximum possible discount at fiat Caffè? unless dealer or some other customer reveals it to me?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2015 ---
    Exactly, bro exactly, majority(not all) of the posts here are supporting the fiat Caffè s act of omission (hiding the FCA scheme and denying the existence of the scheme ) and are rather failing intentionally or UNINTENTIONALLY to applause Jay Vijay the other dealers across Maharashtra who are abiding by FCA 's instructions honestly.!!!

If Jay Vijay people happen to read the thread, I wonder what policy amendments they would carry out henceforth?
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  3. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi dude.. Tornado.

Its true that some confusion is there the way your deal is going through.
    Its your concern n ur hard money and also ur wish weather to fight or negotiate or ignore etc etc.. Now u have , I feel, taken the decision to fight for ur discount or whatever benefit is applicable.Absolutely ur stand it is n all the best for that. But why are u expecting it to be resolved instantly and u seem to be very restless with these posts of urs. Give it sometime n wait how things goes.. Talks r going.. Fiat is involved..n it's a good progress.. We can't just expect the things to be resolved as per our expected timeline right??? I saw ur posts with very furious words of going to consumer court..legal laws .. RTI etc etc. I m not telling u shdnt use those..but those r the final options at the expense of ur time..
    Loss of peace n some money may be. At this point..I suggest be practical of resolution of issue and handle it accordingly with some hopes n good negotiation attempts.. Fiat hasn't told u yet that they ll support the dealer right..?
    I believe it can be handled smartly as well.. After all ur aim is to get discounts..not to defame Fiat / dealership. Even the defaming happens..its very unlikely to HV long lasting effect. So just be cool .. Take forward ur fight in a smart route.
    All the best and Cheers...
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    My daily week days running is 60 km, My week end running is almost 200 km.
    It is one month since I have sold my car, I am using my friend's car since then causing inconvenience to them.

I have chosen Avventura for VARIOUS reasons, and one of them was availability within reasonable time as compared to other cars under my consideration as told by the dealer. Hence getting my car earliest is my priority now. And if dealer tries to take undue benefit of this situation, my restlessness should be understandable IMHO.

Anyways, after waiting 3 hours after the fiat's email, I called up the CRM of the Sky moto whose phone number was provided by fiat.
    CRM was busy hence a lady picked up my phone
    She :what's the matter?

Me :I have lodged a complaint with fiat regarding deliberate attempt on the part of the sky moto fiat Caffè. and fiat has mailed me and gave me this contact number
    She : so, what's the problem now?

Me :are you back to square one?

She : What has been offered to you by Jay Vijay?

Me : Rs 40,000 discount announced by FCA + Rs 20,000 discount from dealer. But I am bothered only about the FCA scheme.

She : can you forward me the mail sent by FCA to you? as CRM will have to talk with Mr Jameer Khan who is region head of FCA.

I then forwarded the email to her. It was 8:00pm by then. I hope they call me back morrow morning.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly not taking sides of anyone here.

It is amply clear that you had booked the car on the 19th Dec 2014 from the very sentence in your opening post. No such schemes were applicable then. By the looks of it, you have opted for the insurance by party and not taken at the dealership. When the scheme is introduced starting 10th Jan. You should have checked with the dealer on this. You went ahead and completed the transactions based on the initial agreement as per the booking. The dealer too has stuck to the initial agreement. I am not sure as to why the fuss is about when you completed the transaction. I am in no way telling you have no right to back out of the deal. You can as well do it now, but it may cost you more in the process.

Raising a concern when you did not renegotiate before completing the transaction with the dealer doesn't seem alright. As a courtesy, the dealer could have informed you about the offer, but he stuck to his initial agreement (as per the booking).

Since you have already raised a concern with Fiat, wait for their response and take decision based on what you feel is correct. Since you have the right to make your decisions.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Totally agree with you @nkrishnap. You have summarized it aptly. Except this part where rather than sticking to an agreement they should have extended the discount and seen a smile on the customer's face. Besides @Tornado is not asking for the extra 20k discount as he mentioned already. It is also pointed out that Fiat is not at fault prima facie if dealer does not want to extend courtesy of discount. He will need to cancel and wait for refund as per company and/or dealer policy, mostly at a loss.
  7. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I do not agree about giving discount to see a smile aspect. The customer in question is demanding the additional discount which is introduced at a later point of time. Say for example if Fiat increases the discount to 1 Lakh the coming month, would I be eligible to go and ask for the additonal discount though it is from Fiat after completing the transactions and sending the vehicle for registration in January. This the point I am trying to make.

Even in my case, I booked the car in August and took Delivery in the first week of September, the September month had an additional 10k discount. I did not pursue for the 10K discount because we had agreed on a deal based on the booking date and not on delivery date.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes definitely not while making registration, but what about the fact that information of discounts are kept from the customer/s. And also not sure of the policy but @Tornado states about the applicability of discount scheme till the point of completing transaction or something similar, not just at the time of booking..? :confused:
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I guess, the point I made has not got through to you.

The deal is agreed upon, if I want it to be revised or reviewed, the onus is on me to get that done. The dealer here did not change the agreed aspects right? Then I dont see a problem with it. You get to know about discounts after the transaction is made. I am wondering for some reason, if the cost was going up, and the dealer did not make the request to pay the difference, would the same kind of noise be made?
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    All I am saying is difference of discount, between booking and till final transaction if done should be informed to customer and forwarded to him. A slightly different point. A dealer purchases vehicles at X price from company, and due to government taxations and general industry conditions there is price hike across the segment of vehicles from all manufacturers. Do the dealers stand to benefit in that case or not. They do I suppose. They also get more room for discounts or profits, but that is simple business. Here company is offering discounts, and as said earlier definitely no going back when vehicle has already left yard.

I am not saying or singling one party for this mess, but if dealer stands to loose I want to know how and why? Unless ofcourse Fiat themselves do not apply discounts to the older batch of vehicles, which would be weird.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.