1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I was actually advised against the fiat Caffè by a fellow TFIan but I thought that since fiat has got direct stakes in Fiat Caffè, they might be transparent.

Anyways, for me, fiat's stand on this issue is more important. Because same will decide warranty and ASS experience in future.
    I really love their all 3 cars. And many times I have mentioned on this forum my next car purchase is due in last quarter of this year, And it can't be anything other than Linea.
    Before coming to this decision I have TD a dozen cars.

And that's why I chose little bit positive title for this thread rather than something which is bashing fiat right and left.
    But now feel jittery.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado Relax a bit man, dump Sky Moto if you have to (now and/or next time), Pune has great Fiat options for you, sales and after-sales. Warranty coverage etc could not be and is not better than what Fiat offers. Be less emotional about some of this stuff: else it'll bugger up the whole rasa of owning the Avventura/Linea, or any car for that matter, you know?

cheers, all the best: just remember Fiat has its constraints too vis-a-vis its dealers, remember to see things from Fiat's and the dealer's POV too before you make conclusions/decisions?
    asimpleson likes this.
  3. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Let me add my experience. It was very similar when I bought the EVO in december. My dealer of choice was RDC. They came to my office, finalized the price and gave me a proforma. I was told that december offers was only for higher variants from Dynamic. Since i was buying the Active, they said Fiat doesnt have any discount on my choice of variant. I let them go and on the next day contacted the second dealer Ramkay Fiat. Ramkay offered nearly 20K less on the same variant. Armed with this info, I called RDC and told them I need atleast 25 off from their offer price or else I am not interested. Finally RDC agreed on 23K off and i proceeded for the deal.
    Actually RDC hid from me the deal of 10K off and a free insurance which totaled to 23K. When they were confronted by me they said that they got the info from Fiat only the day after I met them!. So it is our fault if we dont look around and play one dealer with the other to get the best offer. Rest is a guilt feeling that we will have to live with and rectify at a later date when we are out for a similar purchase. As already mentioned, offers come and go. Being there at the right time is the key just like airline ticket offers. No need to sulk. Enjoy the drive. You will forget all unpleasantness very soon.

Abdul
    Ahmed Mubeen and prabhjot like this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Received Email from FCA at 4pm

They wrote
    1)deeply regret the inconvenience.

2)Matter is coordinated with region /dealer, we assure you of all due attention through Sky Moto Automobiles

3)We have registered your complaint & no. for same is1 __________*

4)Our dealer CRM from Sky Moto Automobiles will coordinate for local assistance
    They have provided two phone numbers of same.

Guys, should I wait for the dealer to call me or I should call them.?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think you should wait, or if you do contact them just ask them if they have received an email from Fiat. Ask them what next..?
  6. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry but I find a lot of over-reaction in this thread. When there's an escalation in cost, we expect the dealer to stick to the price at which it was booked but if there's a new benefit or discount, we expect him to offer it to us. To ensure there are proper business ethics from dealers, even consumers need to be a bit more rational with their expectations. I booked my T-jet in December 2011 and then went on a business trip and couldn't take the delivery till Feb 2012. The dealer didn't sell that unique and limited colour (Bronzo Scuro) to someone else because he knew I will buy it. I knew there were more discounts available in Feb 2012 but decided to stick to the offer I agreed to in December as that's what I had signed on.

If I were to run a dealership, I would have informed the sales guys the maximum discount that can be offered and then try and sell the item for as high as possible. Why should they offer the maximum discount to everyone. It should be upon a customer to negotiate the best possible deal not vice-versa.

If you feel cheated and think that this would affect your experience with the Avventura, then in all circumstances you should cancel the deal. Else, give it some more thought and enjoy the Avventura.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Biraj ,bro, if you read my posts carefully, the dealer offered the car to my friend @Rs40, 000 cheaper than me. Then other dealer offered it @Rs60,000 cheaper than me.

All other dealers across Maharashtra are offering the car @Rs40000 cheaper than me.
    So let fiat clarify who is wrong? my dealer or others in MH.?

Booking form mentions that offers available in the month of completion of the deal are applicable and not the booking month.

There is a lot of difference between Price hike and price hike due to hike in excise duty.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Biraj, selling item "as high as possible" takes the "deal" out of the "dealership". In other words not a good deal offered to the customer. Here it is the question of discounts offered at company level. If as mentioned by @Tornado excise or any such taxation central or local is not applicable, then a company discount means a discount on the basic price of the product, which a customer is entitled to receive, more than being offered by the dealer. The dealer does not stand to loose. The company can and does compensate the dealers in such cases.

If they sell a customer at a good discount and offer good or best deals, the customer also comes back for service support. There is perhaps more business and margins there than just selling the cars.
    Tornado likes this.
  9. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Of-course. It all depends how a particular dealership wants to approach customer acquisition. My point is that I would call the dealer 'shrewd' but not a 'cheat'. I don't find the practice so glaringly unfair or different from what's practiced in the industry.

I personally would feel bad if I know someone is paying 40-60K lesser than what I am paying just because the deal has changed along with the calendar. Perhaps that's why people shouldn't discuss the discounts and appraisals. :D
  10. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    I don't really understand the point raised by many... 'Forget it, buy the Avvy & enjoy your ride'.
    Can't he enjoy the ride after getting back 60k?? I must say you to fight & get the money back. You can even approach consumer court if things are not going right.
    mchanna and Tornado like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.