1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pr@bhunav

Pr@bhunav Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Dude..Tornado...

Please note - with all due respect to you and your updates I would like to post my comments ....

"Its good to be worried.. but its not good to be wierdly worried". I feel You have been significantly worried a lot right from the beginning about the engine mount issue, small delays in the formalities related to vehicle finance,insurance,registration etc.etc. I understand your concerns and excitement and suggest - just be cautiously vigilant about the things ,but with some trust and hope as well.. Things will be fine and you ll certainly enjoy your a million rupee spend and also the product shortly.. :)
    I feel there are so many things which are out of control of the Mother Company and customers, w.r.t the dealership, for any product. Its a part of Business and competition among different dealers/franchise. When I booked my Avvy, the dealer whom I contacted first, never offered me any discount (even the corporate discount and was firm and stubborn with his stand). Then I contacted other dealers and one of them agreed for the delivery date I was expecting and also provided me some offer kind of things like corporate discount, free Parking Sensors based on our negotiatiation during the booking.
    A week after, the first dealer called me again and showed interest to offer an extra discount of 15k along with carporate discount!!!
    It doesn't mean that something fishy is there in business and I lost 15k. it can also happen that the dealers may start offering more attractive discounts later. It all depends on the demand and competition.
    Everyone can't contact FIAT Customer care / MD to understnad the dealership ethics and policies. I feel , at a basic level , the official comapny website can be checked for any offers disclosed by company, the on Road Price of the vehicle for a city, the accessories included with the Ex-Showroom price etc. After that one can check with this info with different dealers whether dealer is pricing high. On top of this, if any negotiations/discounts happen, that is upto the dealership and the buyer. It doesn't happen with only FIAT ..it happens in all business and brands. Sometimes we may have to accept somethings , to some extent, which are out of our control.
    So .. I suggest .. take whatever dicision that is profitable to you and makes you happy . On top of all these temporary confusions/happenings you are shortly getting a long lasting driving and ownership pleasure .. so invite that pleasure with some trust as well - for your long lasting peace of mind.

Once Again - "no offence to your earlier posts and updates. Its Just an opinion with all due respect to you and everyone involved"

Cheers!!!!
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    JohnyBoy, prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Bro ,I have clearly mentioned that I paid up the cheque on 14th Jan , according to Fiat caffe receipt cheques are subject to 'realization only'. And the scheme was introduced on 10th January .
    My insurance date is 16th Jan. And the free insurance scheme was introduced on 10th January.

Bro,why you have mentioned India in the bracket?
    One of the reason why I booked the car at fiat caffe was that it is co owned by Fiats .
    So rather than calling it Indian way of business you could call it Italian way of business too.And sky moto Fiat caffe people very well know that I am a TFI an..

@ghodlur,
    Thanks bro,for the motivation.
    Leave aside my friend and Jay Vijay, dealers across Maharashtra are offering me similar discoounts as per fiat'fiat's scheme. One can confirm it. Nagpur ,Nanded ,Nasik all are offering same scheme on 2014 manufacturered cars without excise hiked price and on 2015 manufacturered cars with excise hiked price.

If dealer starts doing unfair business, and if Fiat fails to teach the lessons to such dealers ,fiat don't have option but to keep increasing the discount offers .

Yes, one of the reason behind low sales figures I said.
    At the end of discussion, I felt that fiat is in mood of doing so.

@Pr@bhunav,bro car has reached the dealer in the last week of December and today is 21st Jan.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Tornado check that the Sky moto has registered your car or not? If not then just cancel the bookings.
    Sky moto is hiding the offers and not transparent in your case. You have full rights to fight against Sky moto.
    Meanwhile pleased to read that you are able to divert a eco-sport buyer to avventura ;)

Just wait till what Fiat is replying you & then take your decision.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Tornado ,,sky moto people are not at all good. They are highly arrogant and rude, my personal experience included.

Almost 8 out of 10 people have bad experience with them.
    Do some maths and check if you can still back out from them, and choose the other two dealer.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Apologies for being unclear earlier, what I actually mean is that this reason applies to all manufacturers equally today. Such practices are happening in many sectors let alone automobiles. Besides I think Fiat is still in negotiation. And from what I can grasp there is a limitation to what Fiat can ask its dealer to do now. Because the same dealer will argue with Fiat on similar grounds in cases where it lost customers to others when other dealer/s gave discounts just to undercut them at a later point of negotiation.

Also OTOH, you should of-course look at your benefit and I completely get it if you even refrain or postpone your decision to buy for a better deal. Its your money after-all. It was good to see a customer buy Fiat after booking another brand; but esp. you should not be suffering for lack of discounts and deserve every bit a discount (in fact more for recommending) than your good friend.

Please (if possible) don't blame Fiat on these grounds, just do your bit and negotiate from your perspective or cancel the deal (if possible).
    Tornado and prabhjot like this.
  6. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Tornado
    The ball is in Fiat's court now. I think they will work something out. I would suggest that you plan your actions based on the following scenarios
    1. Fiat gives complete discount. Happy situation.
    2. No discount. You can either cancel the booking and take a loss on registration or take delivery and enjoy the car ( that will be hard )
    3. Discount is offered but slightly less than current offer.

In the end it is the buying experience that also counts along with the car. So like you mentioned it is best to plan your action based on peace of mind than have niggling thoughts later. All the best.
  7. tarunactivity

tarunactivity Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Ideally, we have to pay the prevailing price of the car during delivery, and so the same should be applicable for offers as well .

The booking date does not guarantee that we can avail the offer, especially if the actual purchase happens later (eg: 3 month waiting period!)

Do check what offers are present from Fiat Caffe for a new booking , and demand the same.
    - Find out the free insurance offer / the cash discount in lieu of insurance (In my case ,it was ~22k worth of insurance , or 12k cash discount)
    - Check on the corporate discount etc.

Ideally, all these will be applied only when the vehicle is invoiced (i.e. the actual payment is made) , and not when the booking is made.
    Just as you would pay more ,if the prices were increased, the same offer would be extended to you.

The handling charges are a term used to cover up the RTO registration + the number plate and other miscellaneous expenses.
    Tornado likes this.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    My demand is that I want discounts offered by Fiat (worth Rs 40k) and not the additional 20 k as offered by jay vijay dealer.
    Hence question of Jay Vijay under cutting Fiat cafe doesn't exist.

Why not blame Fiat? If they fail to get their own scheme implemented from a dealership which is co owned by them?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Have you tried email also to Fiat Area Sales Manager and explained your plight. Please remind them again of your situation, keep communicating, maybe the dealer will agree. Else you should keep asking for a max refund.
    Tornado likes this.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Tornado

Is Sky Moto lying when they say: the scheme applies to cars booked after the 10th of Jan? Or that you were going in for insurance on your own, privately, in any case? If you struck the deal in december itself or before the 10th of jan, then they are not wrong to deny you the scheme benefits, are they, especially if the scheme is designed to nullify the price increases for 2015 customers of 2014 cars.

I think the claim that your cheque was paid only on the 16th is not relevant, other than technically, since they'll claim it was you who went back on the agreed deal, and may have delayed payment till after PDI etc. If they'd raised the agreed price on you in the new year then, sure, but not as you've stated things. If they price protect you in the new year, stick to the earlier-agreed terms, then you too should stick to those terms, IMO.

Based on what you've said i still feel there's no evidence of unethical practices here, just that you're getting better offers from other dealers trying to undercut Sky Moto long after you settled terms on the Avventura from Sky Moto. And that you're very well-informed and a TFi-ian etc.

I still suggest you let this go: Fiat will help you, am sure, but I don't think it's worth your while or self-aggravation, and in all honesty, your 'case' appears weak, especially since you're still getting the car at a good, aggressive price. Of course, by all means avoid Sky Moto in the future, for ASS.

cheers, all the best, no offense taken i hope?!:)
    JohnyBoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.