1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat 's stand on unfair business by their dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Tornado, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I booked a Fiat Avventura Emotion diesel model to be manufacturered in Jan 2015 at Fiat caffe ,sky moto,Koregaon park Pune on 19/12/2014 . A Jan 15 Car was booked because I didn't wanted the car to loose resale value of the car at latter date just because it has a label of 2014 Manufactured date.

In the last week of December 14 received a call from fiat caffe Pune that in Jan 15 ,cars are going to be costlier and better to purchase the December14 manufacturered Avventura to save money. And they have brought a car from Ranjangaon Fiat plant for me already. After lot of discussion on resale value benefits and losses I agreed.No discount was offered.
    When I pointed out that the handling charges (Rs 5500)they have mentioned on invoice are illegal ,as per SC judgement.They tried to settle it offering me corporate discount of Rs 5500.

Later on time passed on, as I got a link from TFI wherein it was mentioned that Fiat Avventura diesel has got some engine mount issue. Later this dobt was sorted out by area sales manager of Fiat.

Then on 14th Jan 2015 ,I handed over the loan amount cheque. Also, I got the insurance of the car done on 16 Jan . And then green signal was given for RTO registration.

On 19th Jan 2115 ,one of my friend told me that he has booked a Ecosport .I told him that I have booked a Avventura, and he should TD it before paying full amount to Fords.
    He went to sky moto's second showroom at PCMC ,and felt in love with Avventura. He told me that They are offering free insurance+10 K cash discount on 2014 manufacturered Avventura and car would cost him 40 Thousands Rs cheaper than me.

Stunned due to this, I called up Koregaon park sky moto and asked for discount. They said that this scheme never existed and doesn't exist.

I suspected foul play and asked my friend to refrain from Sky moto's deal and rather contact Jay Vijay Fiat showroom.Meanwhile, I enquired at other show rooms of Fiat at in MH. Where I learnt that the scheme very much exists since 10 Jan 2015 for all 2014 anufactured Fiat Avventuras.

Yesterday, my friend was offered discount worth Rs 40,000 as per fiat's scheme and dealer offered additional 20,000 Rs discount from his side as fords were less likely to refund booking amount . Thus, my friend handed over a booking cheque to Jay Vijay showroom.

I called up sky moto and asked them to pass on similar benefits to me. But they said scheme is applicable only for hiked prices due to excise and discount benefits are going to be null and void. Also they said that since insurance has been done already by me (customer ) hence question of free insurance doesn't arise!!

Annoyed by this, today I called up fiat's call centre. Lady heard me, and arranged conference call with sky moto,Jay vijay me and Fiat .The Discussi

Sky moto: Deal is done and no question of discount now.

Me : I am getting a deal cheaper by 40 k to 60K(Fiat scheme + dealer scheme ) from Jay Vijay.

Fiat : Did the dealer revealed the scheme to you on 10th jan .?

Sky moto :customer already knew the scheme but he opted for insurance from his personal insurance.

Me :They never revealed the scheme, I found it on my own from other dealers.

Sky moto: the scheme is applicable only for cars with hiked prices (aporox 40K Excise hike)hence it is not going to make any difference in the end.

Me :eek:ther dealers in MH are offering me for non hiked price also.

Fiat :why was the discount scheme hidden from customer ?

Sky moto.: Because Scheme was applicable only for customers who booked the car from 10th Jan.

me: Unfair bussines practice it is , I would have cancelled the booking and renewed it after 10 th Jan.

Fiat :scheme was applicable for bookings done after 10th Jan.

Me : Jay vijay is offering me same scheme now. So cancell the deal.

Fiat : is it true

Jay Vijay :Yes.

Sky moto:if any dealer wants to axe his own leg at his own expense, sky moto can not help.

Jay Vijay :we are offering whatever has been allowed by Fiat.

Me :I want to know why Fiat is partial ?and favoring sky moto.Does Fiat believes in unfair business practices ?

Sky moto :RTO charges are already deposited by the agent. And cancellation of the deal would involve lot of cancellation fees and both the deals (jay Vijay and sky moto) would stand equal for the customer.

Me; atleast I will get a mental satisfaction that one can't take me for ride and cheat.
    And getting RTO work done through agents is illegal in MH, and it's media's hottest topic of discussion since last one week. A four line compliant with RTO office can land up dealer's agent in to soup.

Sky moto: it doesn't make difference to us, let him land up.

Fiat : I am going to involve senior Fiat officials in this matter and will call you back within next 24 Hrs.

Me : I am not going to take delivery of the car till then. And I want to know does Fiat believes in fair bussines practice.?

Guys, please bother to help me.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    JohnyBoy likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr

I dunno, buddy.....:confused: You signed on for the car earlier, while your friend was offered the deal only later when the deal was introduced by Fiat, which it was not at the time you paid up, am i right?

If so, I'd say...let it go, just normal business practice (in India), nothing unfair or unethical about it, man, you know? I mean deals are always coming and they're going, as are projected resale value or excise duties or 'free' accessories etc. Why let that interrupt your car purchase and enjoyment? Especially since even your deal is a great one, no??:oops::(

no offence meant, man!:)
    JohnyBoy likes this.
  3. JohnyBoy

JohnyBoy Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I agree with @prabhjot. Go ahead with your current booking and take the delivery and enjoy your Avventura. When you booked the car, the offer was not there and you were happy about the booking. Nothing has changed now.

You have 2 options:

1. The above mentioned one, go ahead with the current booking. You may 'lose' 40k, but you came to know about this only because your friend went to the showroom. So think that you didn't take him to the showroom.
    Result: you get your car as per your schedule (+), you will have a feeling that the dealer cheated you (-). Net 0 (1+ and 1-)

2. Cancel current order, book from the other dealer with discount. Pay cancellation fee and registration fee? - you may end up paying similar amount of the discount.
    Result: delivery delayed (-), more paper work and more interaction with these guys (-), you may have a feeling that you caught the dealer from fooling you (0.5+) I'm putting half + because you will still have some bad taste in your mouth. Net -1.5 (0.5+ and 2-)

I think this is the best you can do
    a. Go ahead with current booking and enjoy your car.
    b. Go to other dealer for your services.
    c. Follow up with Fiat and old dealer for any compensation.
    d. Highlight the dealer's practice in all possible forums like this.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    See, I am getting same car from other dealer, as the car is in dealer's stock yard. at 60 k lesser price.

Fiat has taken serious cognizance of the fact that dealer tried to hide the free insurance scheme .

And if still Fiat tolerates this unfair practice, how am I going to obtain peace of mind while dealing with warranty claims, running repairs?

@JohnnyBoy ,yes, gonna highlight it in other forums too.

While talking to Fiat official I told them that this is one of the reason why Maruti sales figures are in the lakhs and Fiat struggle to achieve 1000 despite making top class cars.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    kgramesh and Vinodh_Gowda like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

One word. Fight (if you have time on hand). 60K is a substantial amount and you have got every right to get it if offered by Fiat. Good thing that you bought forth the shadiness of the dealer. Now if Fiat pulls up Jay Vijay for the discount, then your friend is going to get upset. If Sky Moto is pulled up, you will benefit. Quite a complex scenario.

End of the day: You are not sitting behind the wheel for some time now.

Isnt it strange that Fiat is already offering discounts of Avventura.
    AmeyKhedekar and Tornado like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Its one thing you said so, but totally another that its not the whole fact. Meanwhile its your freewill to feel so, no offense.

Anyways, coming to your main topic Fiat should pull up the dealer/s for keeping information of deals from customers. Definitely 60k is a price I would loose my sleep over. Feel free to cancel booking and also refrain from brand if Fiat fails to meet your expectations. And as paradoxical it may sound, the dealers of all brands will continue these practices unless there are laws against these practices. But yours does not fit under any existing laws. Totally a case of making profits without passing company announced benefits.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 21, 2015 ---
    These are counted to be discounted, if you get the drift. Not discounts in the real sense, the kind they give before discontinuing a model.
    sachin koltekar likes this.
  7. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Tornado : 60K is indeed a big amount. Dealer should have passed you the benefit. The dealer doesn't seem transparent. You already have a bitter experience with this dealer even before your car is delivered. If the total loss on booking cancellation gets offset by discounts offered by new dealer, i would suggest go ahead and change the dealer. you might not gain anything financially (assuming Fiat sides with Sky Moto) but you will gain peace of mind. Regarding warranty claims, they are easy in Fiat so no issues there.
    asimpleson likes this.
  8. snck

snck Amatore

Linea 1.3
    @Tornado, I am not a legal expert, and neither am I aware of the specific offer details from Fiat. However, I believe that you have every right to walk off by paying the required cancellation fee, till the car gets registered in your name. If the loan is disbursed and registration process has started, it may be a more difficult path, but please decide considering what makes better financial sense for you and what gives you mental satisfaction.

Do wait for further clarifications from Fiat. I think it is very much possible that Jay Vijay is providing a substantial offer just to undercut Sky. If the offer is indeed from Fiat, I have a feeling that Sky moto will come around and will offer the same benefits in the end rather than loosing the business.
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @snck 's point raises a good question. Where do you stand in terms of payments @Tornado? I mean it would be good to see if you have more leverage in this situation. Have you issued larger cheque to dealer. Bank will always oblige you by waiting to disburse payment.
  10. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

I do not want to blame anyone here.. I would just say my experience
    When I got MY Punto 1.2 petrol I was offered 88K discount , I was happy that I was getting a good car around 5L .
    Later when I found I can get more discount instead of fighting with dealer I made sure all I guys I referred to FIAT (either RDC or RAMKAY) got better discounts than mine even with the service centre bills...

I know it is hard earned money. I would say take the Vehicle and enjoy your ride .
    prabhjot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.