1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Quiz

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Oct 28, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Because FIAT still thinks India is a third world country and Indians will be content with FM Radio and the occasional CD. FIAT 500 in the US has Aux-In, you know.

Rajan
  2. No rajan. You will appreciate FIAT if you come to know the answer. I promise. Should I give the answer or wait for others to try. But the answer can be mentioned in the hidden features of lines nd punto thread.

- - - Merged Post - - -

FIAT shared 126 picture with a description stating last fiat with rear engine in Facebook. I liked the pic and jumped into this thread to post my question about a2dp. Woooo I see ur question so It was easy to answer.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh. I did not realize that the question about A2DP was real. I thought it was a fun question and posted a tongue in the cheek response :). Waiting for the correct response.

Rajan
  4. I will wait till tomorrow evening for the answer. The answer is nothing officially announced by Fiat. It purely logical.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Something to do with voice calls not interfering with Audio:what:
  6. The answer is " SAFETY ". Yes Believe Me.

A2DP, not only supports streaming Mp3 but also streams audio from Video songs , Movies, Youtube ..... The car driver, can put his Iphone/s3/note/any bigger mobile in the Mobile Holder fixed on the windshield and play a You Tube video, streaming the audio thro' the car speakers and watch the movie while driving the car. This happens with many drivers in India, I myself have seen 2 guys who watch videos while driving. Ok coming to FIAT's part in this. We all know the 'MY Car' settings would not work if the car is not stationary. Because FIAT doesn't want the driver to look elsewhere other than the road in front. So they have deliberately blocked this feature when car is moving. If FIAT gives a thought about this, why cannot they think about unsupporting A2dp so that the driver is adhering to the Safety. A car manufacturer mayn't be able to differentiate an Audio from MP3 and Video File. What ever the Phone streams, the audio will be played in the speakers. It is up to the Phone manufacturer to stop streaming audio from video when the phone is paired to the CAR. If at all Phone manf. does that not every manf. will be doing, and FIAT would not know if their customers would use only the Mobile with that particular feature. So it is better to block the A2DP. A FIAT driver can watch the movies in his TAB/Phone with the audio from the device loud speaker, but if FIAT could do something for that, they would have done it by now.

Sounds logical ???

This came to my mind when I and my colleague we comparing my Punto and His i20. I was making playlists in my Car Pendrive, he came by my desk and asked what I am doing. He was surprised I am not making playlists in my mobile. When I said my car supports only calls and doesn't support Bluetooth audio streaming. He LOLed like anything. A 9 lac car doesn't support audio streaming even though it had bluetooth. He also added, He puts the mobile in the holder, watches Youtube streaming audio in the car speakers. Now I have to give him back. First time When I came to know about the A2dp not supported in our cars, I didnt feel that bad, but this time he made me feel so bad, that I have to give him the above explanation. Also LOLed back at Hyundai and their safety. He accepted the fact finally after explaining the MY Car settings.

What do you say guys, do you appreciate FIAT for thinking this way. It can't be simply said that 'A car maker, who is capable of making wonderful unique features, is not able to give A2DP that a cheap bluetooth headset maker is able to give in their device' by the Car makers FANS itself. Is this explanation makes this 'Why No A2DP' worthy to have a place in 'Hidden features of Linea and Punto... thread'.
    7 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Thanks Srida. That does make sense and also does sound logical. However, there is one question that begs for an answer. How come the US models are equipped with Aux-In, that would allow the same fuctionality that A2DP would provide, albeit with a wire?

Providing addtional fuctionality is the manufacturer's decision. But I am not in agreement with the "We know what is best for you" approach. I mean, how can any manufacturer presume that drivers will misuse a facility, and decide not to provide it? What if I only want to stream music from my tablet, while also using Voice Guided naviagation and the voice prompt "in 50 meters take a right and then bear right" comes on the audio system?

Not including a simple fuction to prevent users from misusing is hardly proactive. Come to think of it, according to the law of our land, the driver using B&M to answer a call while driving is illegal. But that did not provoke FIAT to disable B&M if there are no passengers in the car, by using weight sensors on the seats, did it?

This is like dad telling me, "Don't play with the match box. You will set the house on fire". Make sense when I am 5 years old. Does not make the same amount of sense when I am 25 years old, does it?

Rajan
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  8. Even I don't know the answer for that. May be AUX-In wouldn't make using it as easier like A2DP. I really don't know.

I don't think blocking A2DP falls under "We know what is best for you". Look at it this way. "We don't support unsafe driving habits and try our level best to stop you from doing it". One example is the Seat belt buzzer. How many in this country wants a Seat belt buzzer. Why should a Car maker worry about if the driver uses a feature or not. Why should they try to make him/her use it by giving a irritating buzzing sound. Another example is Speed Buzzer. Why should Car maker worried about alerting the driver that he is speeding when the driver can know that from the speedometer. Now this means "We know what is safe for you"
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Mount your device, connect Aux-In cable and it is just the same as A2DP.

So, why does the buzzer stop after a while? Does it mean - "We reminded you and tried to irritate you into wearing the seat belt, but if you still choose not to wear it, then so be it?" If indeed the car manufacturer was so concerned, how come there is no warning for the passenger on the front seat to wear seatbelts? I have seen this feature in a Toyota Echo - an entry level hatchback. It has weight sensors to sense the front passenger seat being occupied and sets off an alarm if the passenger is not wearing a seat belt.

Why should the car maker even manufacture cars which are capable of doing illegal speeds? If all cars were made to never exceed 100 kmph, then we would not have too many speeding violations / high speed crashes, right? Even the speed buzzer can be turned off / set to insane limits.

All the above examples given by you are user configurable (circumventable in case of seatbelt. My CEO's driver keeps the belt buckled all the time and sits on the belt to prevent the alarm going off in the Audi A6 :D). So, all these safety features are provided and then the user is at liberty to decide if he wants to use them correctly or be irresponsible. Why make an exception in case of A2DP?

Rajan
  10. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you ask me even in blue-n-me the phone connection also should be blocked. It is also for a safety reason. While conversation, if you rejoice a bit more or got angry then there can bad thing happen if you mix up driving. So what your say @Srida?