1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto - Technical Specifications & Feature Listed By Team Bhp

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nitinjd, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Fellows... those who are members of t-bhp,a humble request.Kindly ask them not to furnish wrong information. See the technical specification they have given.
    1) Even though it is a CRDI engine, our's is known as MJD .
    2) The no of valves per cylinder, they have given is 4 and MJD's have 16.
    3) The fuel efficiency they have given.. Grrr...Am losing my temper..

There are lot more if we check thoroughly .
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Cinju, the information regarding the engine being a CRDI is correct. Technically, Multijet is CRDI. All passenger car and many commercial diesels in todays world are infact CRDI.

And yes the Multijet has 4 valves per cylinder as mentioned, and 16 in total. So that is also correct.

Fuel figures seem to be ARAI figures , so they will be different from what we experience, but correct nonetheless.

Hope i'm clear.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Thanks Guru for correcting me. I missed out the per cylinder. Yes technically Multijet is CRDI, but a common man who reads that will be confused. Fiat engines are known by the name Multijet. Just wanted it to be the way it is :). For fuel figures ARAI rating is ok, but the other two things they have given ie City & Highway is based on someone's judgement which I felt is not correct.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    why dont we have a seperate thread for this. Its ok if we upload the brochure as it is.