1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto or Ford EcoSport

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by punto2012, May 15, 2013.

1. arunbaboo4

arunbaboo4

BANGALORE
    Punto 90hp mileage

Check this and decide , mileage in a span of 80km and the speed between 60 - 80 km/h

Grande Punto 90hp mileage

Photo0050.jpg
    2 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Either go for proper Hatchback or proper SUV ;) ,don't hangaround in between...

-(Punto is very bad car) :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Punto is an crazy addiction. Yep just like Monica bellucci would haunt you for life :D
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    like Imran has already said they are in 2 different segments and your comparing apples and oranges.
    But here is the deal if you want to stuff your car with luggage and people and dont care any less about driving it then ecosport it is for you.
    If you want to enjoy the drive with 4 guys and some luggage to move out of states and have fun then its punto , hands down

- - - Merged Post - - -

american brands on the other hand are known to rip you off quite badly as they age. Its not what you call ageing gracefully.
    So think about it as your car gets old its surely going to be more expensive to maintain than a FIAT
    4 people like this.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

You are very addicted to Mocia Bellucci... i have noticed u have mentioning her name in other posts as well..
    4 people like this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Punto 2012,

Please TD both and decide. What are the other cars you have in your mind? Duster should be one if you are considering eco sport.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Either of them or both you can choose to buy as there is nothing to compare as they don't fit into same segment..
  8. as mentioned earlier by someone.. they belong to two different segments... never the less both are machines that are within your budget...
    My suggestion is
    (1) list down your needs...
    (2) check the pros and cons of both vehicle
    (3) check the service availability and dependability... current situation with FIAT is not promising in this front.. i can only hope it will improve in future.....
    (4) decide a vehicle and go ahead... remember... everyone will always have a opinion and it need not match yours...

all the very best ....
  9. raj29

raj29 Superiore

So as every one was suggesting (in the auto market i mean) the inevitable comparo/consideration is happening !!

Am sure Ecosport will eat into the premium hatch and entry level SUV segments going by the way how things are shaping up for this Ford. Knowing Ford, Ecosport wouldnt be a bad vehicle!!

As every one else have said here

1. Analyze what is your requirement
    2. Analyze what the rides offer against your requirement (am sure you are not just looking at the mileage figures !!).
    3. Test Drive the vehicle
    4. Decide :)

I know its not easy. All the best @ Punto2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @zenwalker the mantra is, "have a lot of patience, and keep cruising at the speed of 60-70 km/hr on 5th gear".. following this, you are sure of getting not only good but great Fuel efficiency... only problem is, when you are driving a FIAT, you hardly happen to cruise at these speeds on an open Highway :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

I dont know what to say to this post, all hail FIAT and all hail Multijet diesels !!!! :wow
    1 person likes this.