1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto or Ford EcoSport

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by punto2012, May 15, 2013.

1. punto2012

punto2012

Mumbai
    Hello All,

I am seriously in love with Punto and almost finalize it, from last month or so several discussions with my Friends, colleagues one more option has cropped up i.e. Ford Ecosport. I personally like the car, as it gives a SUV feel....and that too at affordable prices (as it seems ) below 10 lakh.

Just would like to know , what the experts think about this car...
  2. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    ecosport??wht u like abt that car??luks disgusting spl back and frnt is too mch done..cheap interior....nt at all gud luk on road...i can say it luks like quantro another brother..
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Not at all expert on the Car, but all ill say is please do TD of both and then decide. Some review reports @ TeamBHP, Youtube videos might give you some hints.
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    You are comparing 2 different segment cars my friend.

Punto is a perfect hatch, whereas Ford Ecosport is stuck in between being a hatch & SUV !!

I haven't seen Ecosport yet, but the first impression that my friend had at Mantri Mall Bangalore wasn't so great.

Cheap plastics used in interiors and space inside doesn't qualify it to call it an SUV.

It looks sporty but not sure how sporty the driver would feel behind the steering wheel though ;)

Wait until its officially launched, take a TD. I would say, drive Punto after you drive Ecosport, else you might end up buying Punto for sure man :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

Chennai
    Punto it is!
    What else can you expect to hear from a Fiat forum! :p

Personally i would want my car to either be a proper hatch or a proper SUV. Ecosport doesn't appeal to me as I find it stuck somewhere in between just to gain the excise duty sop by being under 4m

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Punto it is..Ecosport looks ugly to me when compared with Punto..Ford has compromised a lot on quality..Ford is saying that starting price will be from 5 lacs then u can assume wat qulaity Ford has used in Ecosport..U r comparing Italian hatch with American Compact SUV..Fiat's are more reliable than Ford's..
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    See this and decide it yourself, if you are still considering Ford Ecosport or a Fiat Punto 90HP :D

uploadfromtaptalk1368643198145.jpg
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Pls be good enough to also post the kilometers covered when u noted that mileage and also the avg speed.

My word 'TEST DRIVE' both and choose

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I tanked up and got these figures on highway for first 70-80 kms run. Somehow managed to take a picture of it.

I haven't captured the picture of average speed or other details, though I remember it showed 58 km/hr.

Also, this pic was taken when I was driving from Hubli to Bangalore (450 kms) NH4 and not in city.

My bad, I shall capture all the details when I trip the odometer and post it during my next trip sometime soon.

Cheers :thumbup:

1 person likes this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow dude, thats impressive mileage. Any factors you followed in getting that high figures. Perhaps you could publish it all over and praise FIAT.