1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto MJD or Honda Jazz

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Toruk_Macto, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Punto or Jazz or Wait for new Punto

1. FIAT Punto MJD 1.3 Emotion

87.5%
  2. HONDA Jazz S

6.3%
  3. Wait for new Punto

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Thanks Kedar,

I dont think I want to wait till next year. Also, even if it's launched in Jan 2012, it will take few months more to commercially available + there will be no discounts ::pP
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Tn the case of Fiat-Tata, there will always be discounts. Tata launched Vista Refresh last month and they are running discounts on that car already.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    But to be at safer side, if you are looking out for Discount then go ahead and buy current version of Punto as this is the max discount I ever seen. So go ahead book the car.
  4. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    These TATA's are really funny ;

Launching the car and straight way discounts...why dont they keep prices low then....
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

I agree with kedar - this is the maximum discounts I have seen on Punto. Usually manufactures offer more deals in December - will Fiat surpass current offer?

some people never get it right :uh

Instead of these discounts, if they did a good price correction, it would certainly have helped Vista more. It would have helped Vista to doubly claim the VFM title.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I see that the thread has dissected Beat Diesel and other cars while swaying away from Jazz and Punto. :p
    Meanwhile, the prices of petrol have further shot up by Rs3/liter. Came to know this just an hour back. Looks like the Govt. of India is following this thread and wants to tilt the decision in favour of Punto.

Waiting for new refreshed cars?
    Brio vs Jazz: I don't Brio is in leagues with Jazz for the reason that Brio looks much smaller and more in competition with the i10 and the likes. I don't see why should one wait for a Brio while a much much better Jazz is available with lots of space and a silent engine.

Punto vs Refreshed Punto: I won't make a statement here. It's a tough choice. BUT, do you think FIAT will bring it so soon after the expo, even if they showcase it?

FIAT showcased Punto VGT and Linea T-JET in Expo 2010 in Jan but Punto VGT came in June-July 2010. Linea T-JET came in October 2010.
  7. If you want a car "now" then buy it "now". More and more cars are coming. The longer you wait.. more choices.. and more confusion :)
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Did the TD of Jazz and Punto again. And guess what ? Nobody is still winner :A

Did the TD of Punto in the morning. My dad and wife like the looks of the car + Solid built + Nice and steady ride. They were little disappointed by the space (they were expecting a bit bigger car from inside).

In the evening, we checked out Jazz. Initially, they were too much impressed by space and interior quality + premium feel of the car (because they were comparing it with Punto). They almost finalized the jazz (even colour too), until we test drove it. As soon as I started driving, the first thing my wife told me "It's shaking a lot at the rear" (she felt stiff suspension of jazz too hard). Even if the road was without any major pothholes, dad and wife felt lots of ups and down. At the front, I was comfortable. At the high speed, car wasn't as solid as Punto.

Now, they are also as confused as me. I told them it's your decision now and I will take it whatever you say. They are not taking any decision and have left it to me.

I am just giving myself 24 hours. I dont know on which basis I will decide. But, I am sure I will take my decision based on my instinct tomorrow. If anybody have any better idea, please let me know.

It will be a sleepless night today.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Turok Mactu, let me share what I would have done in this scenario.

List the "cons" (as per your feeling) of both cars and see which ones you think you can live with.

e.g. Punto-
    - Cabin space.
    - interiors (I can "guarantee" that 99% people will compliment you when they get inside your Punto as the dashboard design is much better than most Indian cars that people are used to, i.e. Swift, Ritz, Figo, WagonRs and i10s).
    - Occasional niggles.

Jazz-
    - Lack of diesel engine
    - Ride quality
    - Lack of features
    - Bit Expensive spare parts.

See which ones you are willing to live with. Hope this solve everything for you.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Having driven SX4 Spark Accent Dezire Palio Punto TJet+ --- I voted for Punto 1.3 MJD Practical choice, if it is 90HP nothing like it.

Just give a thought about 1.3 MJD returning 25 KMPL ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.