1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto MJD or Honda Jazz

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Toruk_Macto, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Punto or Jazz or Wait for new Punto

1. FIAT Punto MJD 1.3 Emotion

87.5%
  2. HONDA Jazz S

6.3%
  3. Wait for new Punto

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    One of my friend who is working General Motors India (worked on Beat Diesel Project at Chakan Plant near Pune) told me that Beat Diesels engine is not the FIAT sourced engine. That 1.0 Diesel Engine is compltly developed by GM India.

PS He worked with FIAT also & he worked on Punto Steering Column.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@srida - the engine GM is using is not a FIAT unit.

GM did help Fiat during the development of 1.3 MJD (internationally known as JTD - our multijet is a second generation JTD engine). When the merger with FIAt and GM failed, GM got access to some of the JTD engines.

The engine GM is using in beat is an engine developed my GM based on the existing 1.3 MJD of Fiat. FIAT do not have ownership of this engine, and FIAT cannot use this engine on FIAT cars.
  3. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Beat engine is totally their own design based on MJD platform.

Developed at Talegaon (Pune). It shares similarity with MJD but with 3 cylinders.

Adding balancing shaft with extra care to reduce NVH

Anicaution
  4. Oh ! When Chevy Beat was introduced I made my colleagues believe that Beat Diesel engine is also sourced by Fiat. They were all WOW for FIAT. I pray they don't come to know the truth.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Voted for Punto, of course. IMHO, going for Jazz doesn't make much sense with Brio close on its heals. I think with launch of Brio, Jazz sales will take a further dip and resale will not be handsome. As of now, Punto makes more sense than a 1.2 Jazz. I would rather make a point than carry a Jazz band in my car :)
  6. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    3 rs rise in petrol today :mad: , dont knw wat vl happan in next few months may be it vl rise or drop. . . . .

as of now MJD is practical choice
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Kaps good decision... go ahead with MJD Punto and enjoy the Diesel Technology
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Ya, Everything's pointing towards Punto now.

As the poll result goes, my mind (along with heart) also going more towards Punto :p

Waiting for tomorrow's TD.

Meanwhile, Just a little doubt. Any news about facelifted Punto? The sales person at Fortune motors told me that it will be launched in Jan-Feb.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will suggest hold your decision till 7th Jan 2012. We can expect a facelifted Punto. If time allows you to wait then I will recommend you to wait for another 4 months.

One more thing to mention here, if the facelifted Punto launched in Auto Show 2012 then we wont have any idea when Its production will start.

Let me tell you one incident happened with one of my friend. He bought Bolero SLX 20-25 days back and now in last a new Bolero launched with new look and engine so be careful while taking any decision.

I will be attending this Delhi Auto Show 2012, I will update you if I get any new about New Punto in Auto Expo 2012
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

The new face lift looks much better than the previous\1st face lift. May be they will re style the interior too, for the Indian version.

If a face lift will be available with dealers by Jan-Feb 2011, then we should see camouflaged test mules soon. let us keep a look out for them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.