1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto MJD or Honda Jazz

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Toruk_Macto, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Punto or Jazz or Wait for new Punto

1. FIAT Punto MJD 1.3 Emotion

87.5%
  2. HONDA Jazz S

6.3%
  3. Wait for new Punto

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Thanks Aniket. Ya, I have heard plastic quality is better in 2011 models. May be the TD vehicle I drove was an older one.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You can buy the car from Fortune as you will get a better price. Servicing you can decide with any of the dealers.

Kiran
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Adding to the above statement..
    safety is not limited to airbags alone.. airbags will save the driver/passenger until the car doesn't topple and roof doesn't get damaged. Once the car topples, the structural strength/ external build quality of the car comes into picture..

This is where FIAT cars excel. I had a first hand experience of this situation, details of which can be found in my ownership thread. Till date I believe that if I was in any other car (other than a FIAT) in such a scenario, I might not have been here to write this...

Just my two cents of makkhan(buttering), but well deserved one for FIAT.
  4. hi... friends to be frank i dont know much about jazz ... but i am so sure u will regret if u miss punto, each time it passes in front of u..... just do what ur mind says...
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fortune at nerul are also good, But its little cramped...
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    For resale value and space it's Jazz,for everything else,Punto certainly
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Toruk_Macto welcome to the club buddy.

finally it's your call FIAT or HONDA.

let me be very frank to you ASS for fiat cars is pathetic.infact am sick of the treatment given to me by the dealer.however the dealer treats me,my love for FIAT will never diminish.FIAT is some thing which really means to me.it may not be the case with you and you may grumble later on after buying it.i was pretty confident before buying FIAT that i have to run after for spares,infact i don't mind doing that.again varies person to person.

not sure of HONDA ASS,have heard that HONDA ppl are very good at keeping their customers pally pally.

Jazz-with the slashed price,gonna make this hatch next common hatch in country after swift.
    FIAT-you always cherish the exclusivity .
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    +1
    punto 90hp is the car.
  9. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Agree with ou Shams. I very well felt the strong built of Punto as compared to Jazz. Jazz looked and felt sophisticated and punto is like tank (ready for war on road).

I am not thinking of resale since I am planning to keep it for more than 5 years, may be more than that. Space is one area where Jazz has huge advantage, but I am ready to compromise on it considering all the other factors of Punto.

I understand Varoon9999 what you are trying to say. If I am going for Punto (which seems high probability), I will be ready to face all these challenges.

and ya, agree with you on FIAT's exclusivity. I have already started seeing Jazz in my office premises and in the near-by society where I stay. I am sure, Jazz will be common soon. Jazz dealer told me that I have to wait till Jan 2012 for basic variant of Jazz (which I was considering for buying) since Honda has not started manufacturing it. But,2 month's waiting period for middle variant.
  10. louisjohn

louisjohn

bangalore
    Hi. I am from Bangalore. Just joined yesterday.
    I hv booked a punto mjd 1.3 emotion at kht motors and funded 100% showroom price thru HDFC
    Checked the car serial number yesterday at KHT warehouse in kundanahalli as I was told FIAT
    release 2010 manufactured cars to customers .
    The car was a GMZ ( 18th digit onwards ) G - July / MZ - 2011.

Reason for going for FIAT :-
    Soild feel and safe feel when inside the car
    Diesel ( cheaper running cost)
    servicing cost reduced - every 15000 km
    test drive on emotion mjd emotion pack was superb

================================

I have a few nagging questions

Fiat is selling their diesel engines to
    Maruti swift , Chev aevo , chev beat , tata manza , tata vista...etc

Is the engine same as the fiat punto 1.3 mjd ?????

When Tata Manza & Swift can put in a VGT and give the car at a price below punto mjd
    why cant Fiat also do the same ( intsall VGT as OE )

This option can be given to customers
    Active
    Dynamic
    Emotion

to upgrade old cars

or

when booking new car go for the VGT option and pay that extra amt

tks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.