1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

FIAT Punto MJD or Honda Jazz

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Toruk_Macto, Sep 14, 2011.

?

Punto or Jazz or Wait for new Punto

1. FIAT Punto MJD 1.3 Emotion

87.5%
  2. HONDA Jazz S

6.3%
  3. Wait for new Punto

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toruk_Macto - Go for diesel even if it is 800-900 Km running per month. I also have similar running per month and opted for Linea MJD. Not sure what Petrol prices will be in future but it will keep on going UP. I fill in ~35 liters diesel at ~Rs. 1500 whereas my wife fills similar quantity of petrol for ~Rs2500-2600 (swift vxi). That will surely bring smiles though initial investment is slightly higher. As said by other mates, you will start driving more considering economy and the additional money will be equate off soon. The mileage too is good for MJD. I get ~14kmpl in city and ~20kmpl on highway.
    If it is Diesel then I don't think there is any other choice than Punto :). I have not driven Punto however being a Swift (petrol) owner for 6 years, I can easily feel the difference in handling, strength capabilities of Fiat cars (Linea). I have driven swift just once in last 3 month since I got my Italian babe ;-).
  2. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Thanks KedarBendre,Ravi,Phew,Paddleshifter,Pran,Anoop,Itali-Linea,Sly.cooper for your valuable advice.

I missed to write test drive experience with these cars which I did on Saturday.

Honda Jazz – I like the space and looks inside cabin. But frankly speaking the drive was pretty average. I could feel each and every pothole inside. Steering was super light at low speed. Turning was radius was short. Equipment level and music was quite good.

Fiat Punto – Apart from interior plastic quality I liked everything about this car. Handling and Suspension was superb. Since I just drove Honda Jazz before Punto, I liked the ride even more. Also, dealership experience was good (which, I was thinking, will not be upto mark. Courtesy – Fortune cars, Sakinaka). Build was solid and looked much more safer than Jazz.

It’s like from outside and ride quality – Punto. From inside and Brand name – Honda. Over-all I liked Punto more (That’s why I gave punto 51 % and Jazz 49 %). It was just about After Sales Service I was worried about. But after reading comments from you all, I think, I am making up mind towards Punto. Because even they equals out on different criteria, I am still saving on Fuel in Punto :p
  3. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Thanks PaddleShifter.

Agree about most of the points you mentioned.

Is there any issue of availability of spare parts ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
  4. @Toruk_Macto - I would suggest on doing one more test if you want and that is TD at ~80-100 kmph (won't recommend higher :)). You will immediately see the difference in terms of handling. Though most of the hatches are fast off the block, highway or at high speed where these cars starts to have problem. That is the zone where Fiat shines. Punto 90HP might be quicker off the blocks too but I would let owners comment about it. You will always feel confident on highways or at high speed - based on my experience driving swift for 6 yrs and Linea (3 months).
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its mixed experience.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

I am dealing with TASS for almost 2 years now, and touch wood, all my experiences were outstanding. Some times they do need some small push, but they do listen to you and work really hard to fix the issues.

It is more of a general perception that the TASS is worst.
  7. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Go for the Honda Jazz.

Both cars have their positives & negitives, but overall Jazz manages it's negitives far better then the Punto. Besides, you wouldn't have to deal with dealers who behave as if they are doing a favour on you by taking your car into service.

No Fiat until they start their own dealerships and service center's.
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Considering you monthly running 1000 kms a petrol Jazz should be Ok. But, Whenever you see a Punto next to you, you will say I should have bought that car :)
    But the day you buy a Punto your monthly running will increase and hence you will need a diesel.

I think you had asked the SE for some reference whom you wanted to talk regarding servicing & Spares. I can say all the dealers are the same whether it Maruti, Hyundai or Honda. Availablity of spares & service related issues can be a problem with any dealer.

I have been going to Fortune Powai since 2006 for servicing my Indica and they are known devils to me.

Kiran
  9. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    nah nah check out new stock of punto or 90hp punto interior plastic qulity is not like before but at the same time door panels are same as before big grainy finish, but dashboard is now soft leather finish and its better than Jaaz IMO

if u want only "petrol" hatch then i think go for only Jaaz,
  10. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    For me, Fortune Powai and Galaxy Mulund are equidistant from my house. Both have showroom + service center. What do you suggest? Who is better?

I dont mind travelling to some remote place in mumbai, if they offer good service.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.