1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto-Linea "Absolute" Edition ; Hyderabad Launch report Page 10

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by BoseSuman, Sep 8, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If I use the Maps application from my paired Windows Mobile (Samsung Omnia W), the turn by turn voice prompt automatically uses the car's stereo system. Will this happen as well with this car pad?

Rajan
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I called up a couple of dealers to enquire about the moulded mud flaps. First reply from both of them was that it is available only with kit. However, after some pushing they said that they have not received mouldded mud flaps separately and it would take atleast 15-20 days before these moulded mud flaps reach them

TFIans, request you to please update if the same is available in your city
  3. This Absolute Edition is indeed a steal at that price point,I regret buying a month early...Else i would have got the car pad...:uh
    1 person likes this.
  4. car pad 5 price is 19,990 in mapmyindia site and FIAT is giving the same item. So I feel we can buy it from mapmyindia dealer to get a better deal on that.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Arnab, don't regret. Absoulute model is not with 90 HP if I am not wrong.
  6. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The carpad puts up a FIAT logo when the device is started (booted). This wont be available in the MMI car pad bought directly from MMI website.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Even my Rs.6990 made in China tablet puts up FIAT logo at a better resolution than the car pad when booting up - as I created a boot animation with FIAT logo. I would not pay Rs. 2000 extra just for that Logo showing up.

WP_000181.jpg

IMHO, this device is not worth the money - especially with B&M not supporting A2DP and even the non-B&M variants do not have an AUX-IN, I doubt if the multimedia features are really useful. Phone / web related features of this device are nothing really unique. It would have been nice, if the device was at least dash mountable. Looks more like an after thought to me.

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I did not mention about the value for money or the cost benefits. I just wanted to bring the logo to the notice of the crowd out here.

Mods - If my above post and this reply seem irrelevant kindly delete.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @nkrishnap - why take it personally? You drew attention to the FIAT logo showing up and I drew attention to the fact that it is user configurable. I personally detest the fact that an obscenely priced device - too big to be used as a phone, too small to be used as a tab, sticking out like a sore thumb attached to my windshield.

You posted your opinion and I posted mine. Relax.

Rajan