1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Most Stylish Blur on the Road !
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Toyota Liva Cross with plastic cladding all around is appreciated because of it's distinctive looks. FIAT is talking about Aventura since forever (when other automakers weren't even thinking about it) and will launch it at last. Some serious flaw understanding Indian customer psyche! Don't want FIAT-India to lose money further. New Punto will sell in 500-1000, Linea's 500-1000 streak seems to be over. Better try with some thing different, A locally built Panda or Jeep Renegade.

With the same range of products (even if they are best for XYZ reasons), FIAT is not the name that avg. Indian wish to consider. Make people raise their eyebrows, for eg. Renault was in dust until they brought Duster. Create a new segment & Force people to give a thought. At present it's like Suzuki/i20/liva/micra/..... & Punto. Seems to lost among the sea of options, Avoid competition for now and make people notice you.
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I some where feel that the problem with fial has something to do with fiat international revamp going on like moving out of Italy n other issues if it may.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    people will notice when there is strong marketing, but for strong marketing there should be unique characteristics of product. which are near to heart of common janata. like honda advertised for their i-Detec 100 PS : 25 kmpl
    if fiat want to be noticed and want aggressive marketing then, they should come up with more power and mileage figures than the market leader.
    if you want to be at top then you need to beat the leader in all aspects, like Hyundai verna did before 3 years.
    why not a Punto with more than 100 HP and more than 25 kmpl in diesel? and similarly more figure for petrol side.
    hire ferrari R&D for this and give them ultimetum for such a engine.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you should travel out of pune and see what people "wants" and Fiat dont care about the their " needs" .Trust me in my region Sangli i see Fiat Uno the most and also few Sienas and sometimes Petra. Everytime when i go to an automobile shop people say FIAT nice brand later concluding with Service centre problem and spare parts problem about FIAT as brand. If fiat engine is being provided by Suzuki, Tata and Chevy , atleast for maruthi tata have a good service network, then people will definitly opt for Fiat engine but not Fiat car.
    The way Fial is progressing is good by opening new service centres and dealerships, the fact is ,this news is only within FIAL :D and people like us. That means marketing is on Toss, worst level of marketing.Not everyone can access Facebook or see you tube.
    Fial has lost trust against their brand itselves and not the fact of Fiat engine So it would be great if Fial speedup the process of implementing new and more service centres and let it follow with new technologies.
    Eventhough you hire the engineers from ferrari or Bmw on engine technology it will not work bcoz the root cause of their bad name is " Service Centre & Spare Parts" and thats what i believe Fial's strategy which is good but with poor marketing.

1.3MJD Rocks.
    1 person likes this.
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My Evil wish is to have an Engine similar to Getz CRDI plonked in to the Punto and get it Chipped or remapped :devil. That should be a real Diesel Hot hatch.

But Guys, lets face it. No matter what, looks play a major factor in hooking up the customers and creating initial hype and then its the combination of Milage and After sales support.The new Punto looks damn Good. I would say the snazziest in the market. May be Fiat can bring in a package similar to what Chevy did for Spark. Total coverage for 3 years and not a penny to be spent and market it wise. That would really bring down the doubts related to " Service Centre & Spare Parts". And yes, it can be addon which customer needs to pay like extended warranty and not FOC.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Given that many people go for top-up loans even those full with cash, it would not be a bad idea at all. Even adding about 50k to package price and allowing customers upto 4years (1+3) or 1lac km of absolute zero hassles; service and spare costs etc. can win back confidence of customers.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I had made thid points during the interactions in 2013. However nothing came of it. As of now this is available to the fleet operators if they buy the classic in large quantities. We all know what has the outcome of the Linea Classic. :A
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    On a slightly different note Fiat has some very good CNG solutions available for Punto and similar ones can be employed on Linea or Linea Classic. However, I suppose many Linea or Punto owners would hate seeing these cars registered as transport vehicles or Fleet Vehicles.
  10. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Guys,

just look at how fiat is keeping Ferrari precious.

A research done by Oracle Finance reveals that buyers are willing to pay £1million (approximately Rs 10.28 crore) over £1.2million (approximately 12.34 crore) price tag, just to secure Ferrari’s new hybrid supercar, LaFerrari.

SEE the link below

Buyers willing to pay £1 million premium over list for LaFerrari: Report - Motoroids.com

Just thinking if Fiat would have concentrated more on indian market with Fiat Brands.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.