1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The tyres on the 16 are 195/65. They should not cause a difference in FE.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Awsome.....
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks very tempting from every corner, wish best of luck for the car to do in Indian market.

As a Punto owner, the improved punto looks more desirable, as there is very limited option to upgrade the cosmetic items in the car from outside. I wish the tail lamp can be fit my car
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    fiat-punto-evo-10.jpg

Side profile remains unchanged. Notice the massive wheel wells. The 1.2L Punto gets an SUV-like 195 mm of ground clearance, while the other variants get 185 mm

Dosen't the reviewer from TEAM BHP notice wheel wells of Vento, 2014 Honda city, 2014 Polo, or even Scorpio or Innova ?
    seems biased only against Fiat.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    4 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I remember reading somewhere, its 195/55 R16. 195/65 R16 would be an overkill unless wheel wells have been changed.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, it is 195/55 on 16" Alloy. Check the first post of this thread -
  8. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys, I've always felt all of the so called reviews are more or less baised and more so against Fiat. No mention of the same niggles found in other cars, similarly no mention of positive points, and most don't really know how fiat car really drives. One point I seen most people mention is about lack of torque below 2k mark! Even my 1.6 gets quicker only from the 2k mark, I think this is how fiat is designed, they are more free revving and are to be driven at higher rmps. Also a lot depends on the gear ratio, if your ratios are very short then you'll get the feel of the acceleration from the word go but then on highway it'll suffer. And most guys I find usually drive in a gear higher than required eg. 3rd gear on 30kmph!

And those who feel Swift is one great hatch... 2 swifts tried their best to catch me on kasara ghat while going up and not one could match my cornering or sheer climbing speed, probably coz they were driving 3rd gear with 3000 rmp while I was on 2nd at 4000+. And BTW my dad in jaipur owns a i20 and yes he too complains about less torque in city but finds it a lot better on the highway. So that lag that is felt is also due to the gear ratio.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Same specs but seems fuel efficency of MJD has increased from 19.5 to 21.2 :confused:
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Review also should be done when the car is fully loaded,man one of the ugly looking car when loaded are Nissan Sunny and Swift Dejjjjire.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.