1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    India rejected it because, when the diesel engine gave issues, they became repeated in nature. Atleast the few 1.9Ds that I saw closely and still see even today in a garage I regularly visit. Very often we forget that performance reliability is lost in some vehicles as soon as they are opened up for some major engine related issues. Costly fuel pump, oil pump or sensors and what not. At some point the car keeps visiting garage too often, bills keep piling up, spares are not available easily etc. etc. Someone has a blog on the 1.9D which you should see, the no. of comments for similar issues related to error messages and desi workarounds and issues unresolved. The Siena had no different reputation atleast in Mumbai.

So yes lack of knowledge of customers and low support from Fiat and spare resellers and low trained mechanics all contributed to the rejection of Palio 1.9s or Petra 1.9D or even the Siena 1.7D which is simpler and easier to maintain but underpowered for city commutes, but all far from being niggle free.

Agree with your conclusion that Punto and Linea are better balanced on power and economy and even reliability to a great extent.
  2. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    AUTOCAR INDIA REVIEW

2 people like this.
  3. 2 people like this.
  4. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    interiors and taillamps are freaking awesome..but the car looks sort of high compared current punto! was that a petrol or diesel?
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its the 92BHP as clearly called out and shown in the video. GC still is 185 for Diesel and 195 for Petrol.
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Was expecting a T-jet heart for the new Punto. seems it wont happen any time soon. may be in the Avventura.
  7. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    if this happens...Punto will sell like WOW..

come on man......keep the existing punto evo... transplant the gearbox from swift....Now look at what you get...
    The SEXIEST ,FASTEST,MOST POWERFUL hatchback with just the Awesomest Hatchback....

India has seen mediocre hatches..... if the above happens....India will see a perfect hatchback...Oops..THE perfect hatchback........killing every hatchback on the road....
  8. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    thought even that 1.4 petrol made 90hp and since it appeared a bit higher felt it might be petrol 90hp punto

btw i managed to scrap our puntos underbelly near doddaballapur road with just 2 onboard(including driver), irony is i used to tell my mom "dont worry about potholes this is punto ":D
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pause the video at 2:01 sec , see and hear clearly.
    i think that kind off styling( led strip) is not present in any hatchback.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  10. cassini

cassini Novizio

Bangalore
    Germany
    Grande Punto 1.3
    THAT number plate :shock: Is that the standard sized one? Looks out of place to me. May be I'm thinking too much about it :-|
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.