1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I will say they Indians get the maximum resources (technology, marketing etc) out of these auto companies.
    Indians have accepted a product based on how much it is on VFM grounds may be it JLR or BMW or Audi etc.
    how one will hope for a BMW 7 series at a price of Tata indica. a BIG NO.
    indian customer always seeks best returns for the money he had spent may be it is 3 Lakhs or 30 lakhs.
    and nowadays even americans are more concerned about how many miles per galon.

but it is very hard to convince Fiat fans, we should be open minded. I won a Linea MJD emotion 2013 and i know it inside out.
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Thats why BABA s are famous in india rather than scientists.
    1 person likes this.
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    One more review:
    2014 Fiat Punto Evo Review - Reviews

The only change that Fiat has managed to make is improve the diesel's fuel efficiency by 5%. The Punto Evo now delivers 21.2Km/l, whereas the predecessor delivered only 20Km/l.
  4. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I beg to differ, since this mentality is present in all walks of life be it mobiles motorcycle or bicycles. Only milage is not the issue, it's the contradictory nature of the demands and I say this not in the defence of fiat. There are people who complain about difference of finishing even in Honda car between city and amaze! I mean how the heck can one expect a city standard finish on a car half its price! We want cheap cars... So a nano is made... And then we shrug it saying it's not safe, not fun to drive and doesn't give a premium feel! And again when given a car which is highly fuel efficient then we complain about power etc. The only way you can have milage power and acceleration in one engine is by either faking it or by giving a engine which is mediocre in all departments.
    1 person likes this.
  5. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    And if you see that is the key to success in Indian car scene is mediocrity, a car which isn't good in any area just about in the middle of everything. Look at all the highly successful cars and that's the story. Even good cars from maruti have tanked like the baleno! It's such a good car from the most successful manufacturer with great service and reputation and resale value, yet it didn't do well? Why?
    3 people like this.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Punto Evo launch on August 5th confirmed by ET,Motorbeam & Car Dekho websites,i dont think Evo would sell in big numbers as expected by Fiat if they dont market it well then this car would also doom like New Linea

- - - Merged Post - - -

2014 Fiat Punto Evo Test Drive Review | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews
    Very Emotional verdict
    The Fiat Punto is the only car in the segment which appeals more to the heart

600x400x2014-Fiat-Punto-Evo-Review.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Fiat India Facebook Page just uploaded this pic.

u3yguhez.jpg
    3 people like this.
  8. pratul

pratul Timido

Mumbai
    Finally, something to start. Why are they not hiring some big Ad agencies to market their products on time
    1 person likes this.
  9. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    They should have launched avventura first with 90bhp mjd and 1.4 tjet, then that would have created a hype around the product. Then launching this Punto will have positive effects on sales.
    Now they have almost disappointed with the engine lineup and sales won't improve much, which will have negative effects on avventura. We as a fiat owners drive excellent cars and when our friends and relatives ask us about fiat, we are unable to recommend them and they give us a pitiful look as if we are mentally ill and justifying fiat cars
    3 people like this.
  10. @dadasaheb, what your criterion is for a car, may not and will not necessarily be the criterion for everyone else, you have been mentioning PS, PS & PS, the verna's PS, City PS. I have driven the verna, with no offence to verna owners, it is a joke for a car, it is a point "A" to point "B", transportation medium on a moving sofa, with creature comforts, nothing else. 123 PS, on a verna is the engine's power, the car cannot achieve that, imagine going on a wobbling, swirling, jumping, sofa @ 150 kmph. I hope you get the feel. Please dont measure a car by the "PS" mentioned in the brochure, measure it by what you can actually use of the mentioned PS and if you use that much PS, forget the verna or the city no car can deliver the mileage mentioned. to get good mileage, you have to forget the "PS" numbers of the car.
    Coming to performance, I own a Vento TDI HL and before that, i owned a Punto 90 HP MJD. I am proud to own and to have owned both cars. The vento, shows a number of 105 "PS" power, as against the verna's 126 "PS". Ask any driver, who can drive, and has driven both, they will confirm, the vento will smoke the verna, day in day out, on any road terrain, be it straights or the curves ( actually you should forget high speed driving the verna in to the curves ). so does the PS matter, no actually it doesnt.
    what really does is, can I actually use the power of the car ????, if yes, what does matter, the steering systems, the supension systems, the chasis, aero dynamics etc, that is where the European car makers score, closely followed by the Japanese and Americans. Power that can actually be driven, not just to show on paper.
    The fiats are much much better cars, than the floating sofas hyundai makes.
    The Honda city, despite having very good sales numbers, has been renowned to be the LEAST IMPRESSIVE DIESEL ENGINE, of the segment, because of the noise and the harshness. The numbers are because of the Honda brand name and the image Honda city has carried over from its previous petrol versions.
    Fiat diesel engines are the best, proof of which is, it is used in so many other cars, maruti, tata, chevrolet, etc.
    Even the new cars from, maruti, the beautiful Ciaz and the SX4 cross over, will use the 1.3 MJD.
    I may be a blind fiat fan, I am sure, maruti udyog is not, so is chevrolet, so is Tata motors.
    Fiat were the first to introduce, the biggest engine for a hatch, any manufacturer has offered, the 1.9 litre diesel for the Palio, well what happened, India rejected it.
    not because the engine was bad, because we were not mature enough to accept an engineering beauty.
    Each manufacturer has his own definition of balance between power and economy, what we see in the punto and linea is, Fiat's definition of balance.
    Any way No offence meant, no offence taken either.
    Just expressing my experience.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    10 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.