1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    yes, propoganda is essential, but what will they say against honda city (100 PS : 26 kmpl )and hyundai Verna (128 PS : 23 kmpl ) Linea ( 93 PS : 20 kmpl )
    how one can do propoganda with these figures, the marketing person who will succeed with propoganda of FIAT will get a international award for his marketing skills.
    even if we compare petrol City (120 PS : 18 kmpl ) Verna ( 123 PS : 18 kmpl) Linea T jet ( 118 PS : 15 kmpl)
    To show off the things there should be one in real also :D
    if FIAT is having world's best technology then they should come with more 20 - 30 PS power and 2-3 more kmpl than Verna and City. for both petrol and diesel.
    then it will create a BIG BUZZ in market.
  2. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Fiat always well ahead of times. If you see the fiat adventure. they launched decade before duster launched in india. Still it looks class. Engines & Design fiat is best in their segment in india now. They need to consider lot of parameters while bringing the new engines. But they have plans now. see how rapidly they are growing their showrooms to 118. in 1.6 years. But we need to give some time to them to settle.

Hoping all is well for FIAT.
  3. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I beg to differ,Is having more PS power on paper proves the car is better?No ways!! Its like those myths that more megapixels means better photos on a camera.
    Just to add,Verna's 123 horses isn't usable as the chasis and suspension doesn't allow the car to be pushed to its limits.So those extra horses are pretty useless IMHO.FIAT can showcase their legacy,ride quality,driving dynamics,etc(some cool videos of high speed cornering:p) in marketing campaigns but then i know how hard it is to change the mindsets of a specs crazy market.
    1 person likes this.
  4. deep63well

deep63well Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi
    The class is totally different from the other giants in the market spl. in this segment. I think the price range would be a higher then the POLO, Swift,i20, etc.

but i like it most.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    4 people like this.
  6. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  7. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Regolare

Pune
    Black color looks super hot! Hope the new chrome decorated punto gets more sales to Fiat!

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    To repeat myself from an earlier facetious post: Fiats are expected, by their ostensible 'fans' and well-wishers, to: have the ride of a merc, the handling and steering of a bmw, the power and torque of a Ferrari, the looks of a Maserati, the build of a tank, the ASS of Toyota, and the ......price of a Tata.

And many such folk still don't/won't buy it! Why? Because the resale is lousy i.e., "I know it's a great car but others don't buy it so I won't either, and it's Fiat's own fault!" ;-)

But: I am hopeful about the Punto Evo and, especially, the Avventura, because they actually do meet the exorbitant yardstick of the joke above!
    11 people like this.
  9. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Agreed with you.... My friend owns a maruti but always wants to drive my palio, says that it's a great to drive. Some faults are definitely of fiat due to poor ass etc but that seems to be changing for the good. Fingers crossed

I generally think us Indians are generally very demanding and our demands are contradictory... We want a great highway car for cruzing but with great acceleration in the city signals. A planted car on high speeds but squishy suspension in the city. A high ground clearance but no body roll.... This is like making a bike the comfort of harley with a ktm acceleration and a fireblades' speed and handling with the efficiency of a bajaj cd100 and at the price of a moped. ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    Hence they say "Indians believe in magics but not logics" :p
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.