1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I beg to differ here. They had given a overall changes with not much increase in the cost thus maintaining a high quality. In todays economic conditions in this country this is a very difficult job to be done to balance out.

Increase in many others thus also impact many others, thus over all inducing in the rework man hours plus parts costs, etc. etc. etc. I guess they have done a good job. Otherwise they have very difficulty in playing with the existing players such as MS swift.

- - - Merged Post - - -

His empty/mysterious answer is what they also got, i presume ;)
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    4 people like this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I seriously doubt if the gear ratios are changed. If they intended to do that, they would done that in the Linea facelift as its the same gearbox and ratios for all diesel variants.
    2 people like this.
  5. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Autocar just aired Evo's review on tv and they reported changes to gearbox in 75hp only I.e. for better city driving.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Sorry, not true, the Honda City is not an all-new car, just a minor evolution/iteration of the previous one (chassis and engine), the Hyundai i10 Grande doesn't have new engines, nor is its chassis new. These are two cars are no all-newer than the new Linea and the Punto Evo, and yet even well-informed Fiat fans regard them as so? Just prejudices about brands, that's what this false perception is, I am sorry to say.
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    Agreed to a FIAT fan however I will say that isn't the Grand I10 with new CRDI 1.1 ? or isn't the Honda city with same interior changes a linea with the new 1.5 IDTEC ? which is responsible for the major CITY sales ?
    if there are existing engines though they are with the better ARAI figures and refinements.
    and we get FAIT with the same decade old ARAI figures or put on weight on Linea.
    absolutely no offense ;)
  8. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
  9. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Hope Fiat doesn't follow Ford India's strategy as before launching Ecosport. Though, I'd like to see as many sale of Avventuras as Ecosport ::O
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Both of the new Linea's engines (T-jet petrol and the mjd) are better than their Honda counterparts. Why should Fiat launch new engines, just for the sake of novelty? And if they do, do you really think that will alter their sales numbers?

Fiat's problems in this market are nothing like Honda's or Hyundai's, the solution does not consist of things like new engines or better ARAI figures by thinning out the build etc.

Fiat just have to grind out incremental sales through to 2016, when the India-made Jeeps(s) come, and an all-new Fiat-branded CUV comes too. More Marketing, better marketing, better dealer + ass quality, NO discounting, spend that money on still more (canny) marketing....as someone said earlier in India more than elsewhere propaganda is essential!! ;-)
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.