1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    ^^If all investments are uptodate like KVP and PPF or housing loan interest exemptions the overall savings are about close to 40k each year. Good decision buy KVP and don't change car colours. I might let go the Siena for once and invest the measly sum in a KVP myself. ::D
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The 2K paint is the one used mostly by all body shops who bake the painted part around 65-70 degrees for a couple of hours and the paint type done in factories are baked at 140 degrees for about 7-8 minutes. Let me try and get the paint codes for BNW, Vocal white and pearl white from Dupont.

OT: color matching on the pear white and vocal white is difficult.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Good, I have been thinking these paint codes need a seperate thread for future reference. Actually all official paint colours used by fiat including medium and minimal grey or TW etc.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I feel it is even more difficult with the BNW.
    None of the TASS or FASS has matched my car's color when ever there was a painting done.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Good idea. Let's have a separate thread for the Color codes for Fiat cars.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I will try and fetch these information from my contact and start a separate thread.

The paint mixing for BNW is simpler compared to the metalic paints. The paint mixture, spray and pressure adjustments play a vital role in matching the color. Now with more body shops prefering water based paint than solvent based, the guns that are used are little more user friendly in terms of adjustments which help in a long way to match the color. In any case a skilled personnel is very much required, else even the best of technology will not help in color matching.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have started thread already. Getting most info from Standox website. The actual colour code is important. Some use Sikkens, others use some BASF and try to match colour which never will without mix and match. Actually there is a very perfect method to accomplish results, but most big and small players don't know it or don't have touch with these resources. Colour science and chemistry is very advanced and some like Standox have a very good matching system and accuracy that comes with it. Basically variation in hue will result in colour mismatch. Dilutions are also suggested and spray patterns and techniques are part of skill set of painter.
  7. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    some random pics!
    Bs0VgWQCYAA7aMB.jpg Bszj7aMCYAEXnbl.jpg Bszj6OvCYAAkFxw.jpg 1024x581xFiat-Punto-EVO.jpg 2014-fiat-punto-evo-pictures-first-look-gallery-18072014-ss2_640x480.jpg
    11 people like this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    These are properly registered vehicles; Are they of media drive/just some spotting?
    As this(MH14EH) was the latest series in Pune(PCMC).
  9. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I think the options for different design alloys are getting opened for all fiatians now...:!:
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wow. Is Fiat also secretly selling the Punto Evo? Both cars seems to have proper white board registration plates.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.