1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftnwrite

leftnwrite Timido

Bangalore
    When I drove my 90HP Sport out of Fiat Caffe in the last week of May, I never thought I would regret the decision. After all, I'm no stranger to Fiat and it was no impulsive purchase. It's my second Punto - the first one, an MJD Emotion, bought in Jan 2011, has so far done 78k kilometers - and my decision to go for another Punto stands testimony to my love for this great car and all the support I received from Fiat in resolving a few issues that came up during services. However, since a friend pointed me to this thread early this week, I have been kinda regretting my decision, cursing myself for jumping the gun. What else can I say! I'm just bowled over by the new Punto Evo. It's a stunner. Had I waited for a couple of months, I'd soon be driving around a Punto Evo, getting many more heads turning, and many more people drooling over the beautiful beast that I know how to tame. My bad, patience has never been one of my strong points.

In fact when we sold our trusted Wagon R, I'd told my parents and wife that I was going to wait for a few months before getting another car and all of them had agreed to that plan. but as it happens with me always, the third day, I started getting other ideas and I walked into the Fiat showroom the next day and booked a 90HP sport. To cut the long story short, now I have two Puntos, one a 90 HP and the other a good old 76 HP Emotion. And I was a little too proud, perhaps.

(and yeah if you're wondering why I didn't really wait for the new car: I was not too impressed with the new Linea, esp. with its beige interiors. and thought there could not be a better design than the current Punto!)

Maybe, i should talk to Fiat for a loyalty exchange offer, a friend suggests :) Let's see.

Meanwhile, here's my take on the new design:

What I like:
    overall design.
    The front. the bonnet and the grill.
    Interior. The new console and the black finish.
    Ambient lighting.
    The tail lamps.

What I don't like:
    The chrome garnish on the bumper, esp. the fog lamp clusters in the front and the rear.
    The alloys on the 90HP. However, the alloys on the regular variant are just too good. I'd probably get those 15" ones for one of my Puntos.
    If only I waited ... :)
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    6 people like this.
  2. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    @leftnwrite, Happy to see a FIAT customer pleased with the product and had purchased another one too. First of all congrats.
    Don't worry buddy, Old Punto with Maserati face will any day be a head turner. Even today when I go to my hometown I can see a lot of people having a second look on my Punto. The only thing that stands as an attraction point in the new Punto is the interior.
    3 people like this.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    How is it OFFICIAL, when some random forum/website says so? I wonder why would Fiat produce these cars in (probably May)/June, dispatch cars to dealers in July and launch it in August? If we observe the steps taken by Fiat, I mean already starting to dispatch cars to dealers, the launch seems to be slated in a week or two.
  5. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have got unconfirmed news thats the launch is this weekend:confused: Fiat has asked dealers to display the cars . Don't know how far that is true.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Volkswagen has upped the ante by introducing 1.5L 90Bhp engine across the TDI range after the facelift.
    So its not really going to be a smooth road ahead for the new Punto.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I too got got unconfirmed news from a source that launch is this weekend & the cars will be displayed from tomorrow in all showrooms,may be Fiat is attracting public before the new polo launch
    teasers of new Punto will be out from month end,source said dealers are busy in preparation fro Punto Evo & upcoming Avventura launch
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Got a call from my Aadya motors sales guy informing about the new Punto's launch and he wanted to know whether I would be keen on exchanging existing Punto :) When I asked about the launch and price, he told it would happen by July last week. Anyways, was happy with the pro activeness shown
    Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  9. chakiirfan

chakiirfan Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    There is training schedule for all dealership on 14 of this month. Should get launch by month end...
    Got this information from the sales guy
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If the dealer gives good xchange offer for the existing Punto Owners, for sure many wil be transformed to the EVO....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.