1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala, selling Punto at 4.5L will mean no other hatch selling in market including the new one. Except maybe the likes of Wagon Rs. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Same old engines with a bit of tweaking maybe.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Abdul you are not too far in your suggestion. There is a pic of Ibn Sina aka Avicenna (second icon in loop between Hippocrates and Galen) a great and iconic healer who was greatly influenced by Aristotle. You are spot on about the love-hate thing. I think we all have it with Fiat.

Also, refreshing is an ever enthusiastic and euphoric Bala. emoticon_grin.gif
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    NVH of the new current selling Puntos are way below what is in our vehicles of 2009. Much more muted sound even from outside.

Abdul
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Haha,Abdul,the love hate relationship is not out of a Karan johar movie,it is all Fiat's making.
    Am I going to sell my Linea and buy this,no, not only because I have another financial commitment for a year and my old Linea is too good a car to part with,but also because a big backside (don't jump into wild conclusions,am talking about the boot) is necessary and it also helps in driving dynamics.
    Socrates??, no way,am an ignorant,innocent novice.
    NVH in a Fiat car,what is that,all my freelance drivers had mistaken my diesel car for a petrol one,maybe your Punto is an exception.
    But if the new linea had this face,it would have been my next car :(, you know a big backside is necessary for good handling :)
    I simply love the song in the new Fiat advertisement.
    2 people like this.
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    By naming it Punto EVO, Fiat is trying to keep its factory busy as this will serve as the refreshed EVO with country specific tweaks for other markets. Exports are a must for keeping costs down and I feel thats what Fiat is aiming at as PUNTO internationally is being replaced by the 500 platform and India could serve as a hub for this model.

Abdul

- - - Merged Post - - -

Bala , the new Linea is actually very good looking in flesh. Pics dont justify.

Abdul
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I loved the new face-lifted Punto minus those alloys which look like as if they have made good use of left over Palio alloys stock, albeit I know the size differs but looks quite similar to those...

I would have loved the car's overall look even more if they would have Placed the antenna on the rear quarter of the roof... like Polo and i20 and alike provide... even linea has it on the rear end of the roof... That looks classier and sportier to match the characteristics and appearance of the car.

Cheers... :up

Neel
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Is Aventura just a Punto EVO with a wheel on the boot or is there any difference in the looks and engine?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bala sir, one of my friend is a hardcore Fiat hater. He is totally floored by the Avventura though. He says if Fiat launches Avventura in 100% same design (e.g. the design of the bumper cladding etc. as seen in expo) then he will surely love to buy one. I was further telling him how Avventura is not just "Punto with cladding" but a new design unlike Polo and Etios cross. :p But now externally it is mostly Punto with cladding but with a good looking spare tyre. I hope the chrome exhausts also stay like they were in the expo display model.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg
    3 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    As a share-holder of Tata Motors that has 50% stake in FIAT India, I personally pray for FIAT's success with the launch of Punto Evo. :)
    4 people like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome car!! Great color! and with complete feature list!! This should rock the auto market.
    Fiat should launch this with a great fanfare. This could turn the tide.

These pics are of pandit auto service senter in Bavdhan, Pune.

Even i also got few pics of this from my sales advisor through which I bought my Linea. This punto is now in there showroom for display purpose.
    I am putting them up. these pics are from yard behind their showroom. Mods I request you to please watermark them. :)

IMG_0196.JPG IMG_0198.JPG IMG_0200.JPG IMG_0201.JPG IMG_0203.JPG
    12 people like this.
  10. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    May be I am getting too excited.Is cruise control included as that in Linea?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.