1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat Punto Facelift - EVO - Launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikkas

Vikkas

India
    Thanks Amogh and Everyone who contributed to this detailed report. Wants to know any observation regarding Gear Shift in new Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    freaking FIAT!!! Loved every bit of it.. have already started dreaming about it. happy that FIAT refreshed the PUNTO completely. Where as normally when we see a refreshed model in our country it's normally limited to few chrome strips here and there ..couple of stickers and little bit different head lamps.:uh FIAT this time you are spot on. I really wish that this should give you a some good numbers to back you up.

Just don't screw it up in advertising and sales. Take out those shitty 'Hello Life' ads and bombard social media with this refreshed design and other unmatched features which your cars are offering from last so many decades. All the best!!!!:drinks
    1 person likes this.
  3. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Slight correction there, Hyundai Grand i10 had it already but a very welcome feature on the evo. Thanks for the detailed pointers Amogh!
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    will there be an Automatic Version ?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Interesting thought there Ganges. :)

But sadly no. I am sure there is a market for automatic MJDs out there, albeit small. Also, the cost could definitely shoot up by 1.5l atleast, making it hard to sell in masses perhaps.:confused:
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks asimpleson bro.for the info. There are lot many thinking about automatic especially husband's driven by wife's commands :D and one of those is my relative. Sad news on this front. He is blown away with this punto evo.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    In future there could be iterations of automatic from Fiat and Magnet Marelli (like AMT). That is a cheaper version and lot less complicated than VWs groups DSG. ( atleast to maintain, I hope :) )

What is not known about AMT is how and if gear pre-selection works on throttle response/accel/deceler/braking or whether that is inherently like a basic criterion for automatics, like full or semi versions?? :-? :confused: Surely a topic for another thread.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Finally one Fiat car is going to sell and sell and this is it.
    People are going to flock the deserted Fiat showrooms just like they did when Uno was launched.
    People are going to forget the badge and are going to be in the long waiting list asking what is Swift, what is Maruthi.
    People are going to sell their old Puntos and buy this.
    Older Fiat cars Linea and Puntos are going to get more respect and resale value.
    Fiat should price this below 8L onroad and sell the old punto too along side for 4.5 L
    Best wishes on your 4th attempt Fiat,finally you are going to succeed,am happy and proud of you.
    8 people like this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    So that is a subtle hint that @Bala is refreshing his ride with a newer version of his love hate product. Good going Bala. Sometimes you look like socrates in your handle pic!!:)

Abdul
    4 people like this.
  10. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    That was a good initial impressions about new punto evo. Did you get to know about the engine specifications. Any new engines being introduced
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.